Help

Third Grade

Morning Jobs/Morning Meeting

>

TcherGurl528

Morning Jobs/Morning Meeting
Old 06-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

As a newbie to 3rd grade and moving from the primary grades, what do you guys do for Morning Meeting and Morning Work? I have about 15 minutes before we have to start Math instruction, so I'm just trying to figure out how to make that work.

Thanks!!

TcherGurl528 is offline   Reply With Quote

AGal

Morning meeting/morning work
Old 06-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I follow the RC outline for morning meeting and the students complete spelling or grammar activities as morning work. I also use that time to check fluency and math facts.
AGal is offline   Reply With Quote

monarchlover

Get a copy of the Morning Mtg. Book as it
Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

lays out the various parts in a nice neat way. It is a wonderful way to build community in your classroom. Our prince got us all a copy--also had some RT training. The Responsive Classroom has a website with tips, too. I don't do morning work--just get right into the day.
monarchlover is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherWiz

Morning Meetings/Work
Old 06-22-2010, 04:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

So, do you guys have Morning Meetings? We don't have them in 3rd grade at our school (although, I'm sure I could). I do start the day with an overview for the day, but the kids don't gather on the rug. They're welcome to ask questions, of course. What do you do in your MM?

Morning work, for me, is usually reading (either to self or with a buddy) or completing some kind of review worksheet that we go over later. On occasion, I have a graded paper for them to do, if I need a grade.
TeacherWiz is offline   Reply With Quote

teachusf

An idea
Old 06-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just finished my first year of teaching. Our morning meeting started off on the rug but with test prep I shorten it by having it at their desks. I go over what is happening during the day, any upcoming events, and when there homework packets are due. Then they get to ask questions about anything that might be giving them trouble either in class or on their homework. Then its there favorite part they get to share any postive news or upcoming events in their lives. I pass around a fake microphone and they get to share one thing( or else this process takes awhile) or pass it along if they have nothing to share.We conclude with what we are doing well as a class and what we still need to work on with
( I try to give a lot of postives and only one improvment and ask the class for ways to improve it). I know this sounds like alot but it only takes 10 minutes and my class loved it and always reminded me if I forgot to have one.

teachusf is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsFish3rd

Old 06-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I love the idea with the microphone, thanks for sharing.
MrsFish3rd is offline   Reply With Quote