Help

Fifth Grade

Suggestions? For next year?

>

calicocookie

Suggestions? For next year?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have three bulletin board sets I purchased for $1 each when I was teaching primary. Now I teach 5th grade and am looking for suggestions in how to use these. One is "Leap into Learning" with a lot of individual kangaroos. I also have "Back to School" with a schoolhouse and a bunch of individual sneakers. Lastly, I have "Road to Success" with street signs and some cars.

In the classroom I have year-round bulletin boards for the Word Wall, math vocabulary, and writing (with posters on the skills). I also have two other bulletin boards-one small and one large. Other than the Word Wall, all the others can go. I'd like to replace the writing and math boards with some other permanent boards.

calicocookie is offline   Reply With Quote

june27

Try a theme
Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

With leaping, sneakers, street signs and cars it sounds like you have the beginnings of a travel theme. You could use the schoolhouse one as your main Welcome Back to School board and use the others as permanent ones. I have used cars and street signs for my AR board. If you don't do AR maybe you could use it to track individual goals in reading or math. Use the kangaroos for seasonal motivation, maybe adopt the kangaroo as your class mascot! "Hopping into Ms._____ Clasroom" "Don't Let Fall get the Jump on You!" "Hoppy New Year". Hope this helps a little.
june27 is offline   Reply With Quote

kristen_teach

Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm confused. You want to use these instead of your writing and math boards? Don't you need the information on those boards? I would probably use the Leap into Learning set with math vocabulary words on each kangaroo (and maybe the definition on an index card if it won't fit on the kangaroo).

Same thing- can you use the Road to Success for your writing board? You can use it to decorate the board and then leave room for writing skills that you are learning.

I would probably use the Back to School those first weeks of school. Each kid can have their name on a sneaker. I sometimes put these names by kids work. Really cute for open house.
kristen_teach is offline   Reply With Quote

calicocookie

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

True. I wasn't all that clear. I am keeping the writing board but getting rid of the math one. I do not need the math one as the vocabulary I put up there goes in vocab section of their binder anyway.
calicocookie is offline   Reply With Quote