Fifth Grade

Reference Page- Please Help!!!

>

hflorence

hflorence

Reference Page- Please Help!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am putting together an end of the year project for my students. We are making a "Night of the Wax Museum" experience for parents and classmates. Each student has chosen a historical figure from our social studies book. We will spend time in the computer lab and library researching that person. Then each student will write a two page report that also includes a Works Cited page and a title page. I am going to have the students make flyers and invitations. They will also create a "button" that will make them come to life. Each student will put their research paper on display and stand in a frozen position. (I have encouraged them to dress as the person they are imitating.) When someone comes by to push the button, he or she must come to life and tell three facts using a first person point of view.

Do you have any good samples or pages that you hand out when showing students how to create a reference page. I am new to teaching language arts and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on the best way to teach students to include references. Also, I'm confused what style they should be using MLA, APA, etc.

Thanks for your help!

kmob

Bibliography
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Are you having them do actual citations or just a Bibliography? I use MLA format because that is the format used by most area high schools. Here's a form that I use to teach Bibliography and that they keep as a reference. I know that ajmm115 made a better version, you might want to private message her....I can't seem to find the post.

I did find a post that has directions for notecards, bibliography, and doing citations within in paper....maybe this link will help http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...light=research
Attached Files
File Type: doc bibliography.doc (32.5 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by kmob; 04-18-2011 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: adding in thread
kmob is offline   Reply With Quote