Help

Fifth Grade

End of the year keepsake

>

firstyear1

End of the year keepsake
Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Can anyone suggest any End of the year keepsake activities that you do?? I am so excited to almost have completed my first year!!!! I am trying to get my next few weeks planned so that I want have to worry so any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

firstyear1 is offline   Reply With Quote

LindyJo

scrapbook
Old 04-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I keep a scrapbook for each class. I do a two page spread with photos of us all together, as well as snapshots from special events and field trips. Then the kids sign it on the last day of school and list their favorite memory. I also read the same book each year, Love You Forever. Yes, it gets a little creepy in the middle, but they get the message.
LindyJo is offline   Reply With Quote

shel312

Old 04-20-2011, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have bought tiny beach balls off ebay...one for each student in the class and a large one for me. On their balls I write "5th grade was a ball" in sharpie. I then have them go around and sign each others beach balls. On my large one, they write me a message and I have the years on it. I have all the beach balls (the big ones) from previous years hanging in my class. The kids who come back to visit love looking at them and finding their names on it.
shel312 is offline   Reply With Quote

firstyear1

Thanks for replying!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Great ideas!
firstyear1 is offline   Reply With Quote

missbrooks

I make a yearbook
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The kids each get their own page and can write whatever they wish. ... A top ten list, class favourite things, funniest things this year....whatever! They must each write a paragraph about their memories.

Of course, I break out my high school yearbooks and ones I made with past classes to give them ideas. I also take their individual pictures (outside...better light and less formal) and they write their pet peeves, a quote and nickname to go under their pic. We also include pics throughout the year on a couple pages and the kids write captions for them.

It takes a lot of copying but the kids love them! plus we have pages for autographs

missbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Annie418

Annie418

ideas for end of year
Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have done a couple of things. I have had the kids do the tying and I do the dying, we made tie-dye t-shirts. These are great for a field day or a field trip too. I have the kids tie them with marbles and rubber bands. I dye them at home in my washing machine (use RIT) and then bring them back for the kids to untie the rubber bands. They wear them on the designated day and then we all sign eachother's backs. Very fun!

I have made an end of the year movie using all the photos I took all year. I set it to music and it is sure to bring a tear or two.

I have also used the photos I took all year and used ordinary file folders. I glued all the photos in the folders and decorated them with acid free paper and stickers. I write their name in colorful pen at the top of the page. They fold in half easily and transport home nicely. I will warn you, it takes a long time!

I am liking the beach ball idea, myself. Quick and EASY!!!

smerika

interviews
Old 04-30-2011, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Congrats on your first year! I did a couple of things last year for my kids. First, we conducted interviews about where they will be in twenty years. Students then wrote a small paragraph about what the person they interviewed is going to be like. I used this for a grade, but I typed all of the paragraphs and put it into a booklet. The cover had my name, the year, and a class picture. The kids really enjoyed reading their classmates' stories! I also had them write the name of their top five favorite songs on a piece of paper. I gathered the rated "G' songs on a CD and gave them to the students, naming it the "5th Grade Mix"
smerika is offline   Reply With Quote