Help

Kindergarten

!5th Day!

>

Fabulous47

!5th Day!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Today was our 15th day of school. I've taught kindergarten for ten years and know that the beginning is truly an adjustment for all and it begins to mellow out after the little darlings have adjusted to the routine. This year, I have a very challenging group and had not recognized the toll on me until just now! My hubby just got home and said he'd been trying to call me (house and cell phone). Did I hear either ring? No! The last thing I remember was asking my daughter to bring me a blanket (while I watch the 6:00 news, or so I thought). I have no idea when that news ended! I've been wrapped in that blanket in sweet slumber for over 2 1/2 hours! My precious little ones have worn me out! So glad for the short week coming up next week! Wishing you all of the best to those beginning after Labor Day!

Fabulous47 is offline   Reply With Quote

readfirst

First Day
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My first day was yesterday! I felt about the same, but some how I was still up at 10:30...in bed, but up!! This is my first year in K in 13 years (2nd and 1st mostly since then) and I know they tired me out yesterday!! My friend, who has been a k teacher for about 6 years and looped with her class this year, said I would be really tired the first 2 months! Then just "tired." lol!! I'm loving the innocence of the k's...so sweet. But I will LOVE my Saturday and Sunday morning sleep-ins! I, too, am glad this is a 3 day weekend!!
readfirst is offline   Reply With Quote

ThankaTchr

I THINK we are on day 32!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Not sure since I am wrapped in my blanket all week recouping from my appendectomy! I am SOOO grateful for subs, partners, and a basically well-rounded class (no criers, no head-butters)! I will be back soon and passing out at 8:30 at night like all other K teachers
ThankaTchr is offline   Reply With Quote