Substitute Teachers

block my way, get run over

>

Lumberman

Lumberman

block my way, get run over
Old 04-14-2018, 08:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It was the end of the day and I was dropping off the materials with a sub clerk in a main office. The usual procedure is to make sure to drop it off with the sub clerk. If the sub clerk isn't there then leave the sub folder and other materials in an Inbox in her cubicle/office. This location is actually within the inner sanctum of the main office beyond the main counter where a receptionist takes calls.

So, I was on my way out to drop everything off including the key and noticing that she was in the reception area in the main office, I decided to hand it over to her in person. Another sub who was also on her way out noticed what I did and he decided to lecture me that I have to go all the way to put the materials in the subclerk's cubicle. I don't think she saw me giving the materials to the subclerk in person and she decided to block me on my way out the door! I said nothing and proceeded to get out with her trying to block. What is this lady's deal?! I was in a hurry to find a bathroom too because I was holding it in for the past couple of hours.

Why are people some people so stuck up in procedures? And why couldn't she mind her own beeswax.

luv2teach2017

controlling people
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I feel for you. There are controlling people everywhere (elementary schools are rife with them), and the woman you describe is one of them. I try to spot controllers and avoid them if at all possible because they make everyone's life miserable (including their own family). Unfortunately, you had the misfortune of running smack into this one's path of destruction. Now that you know who she is, hopefully, you can avoid her in the future.
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

artladyhere

Old 04-16-2018, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Like the time I was dying to pee after 4 hours and the second I walk out of the bathroom stall, another teacher is in there leaning against the wall waiting for me and then said to me, "Umm, don't you know you have lunch duty right now and they're waiting on you?"
artladyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Lumberman

Lumberman

nuts everywhere
Old 04-18-2018, 01:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

...the second I walk out of the bathroom stall, another teacher is in there ... "don't you know you have lunch duty right now..."

I wouldn't even dare of talking to anyone in the bathroom or even wait outside after they done their business. I'm sorry that this happened to you artlady.

try to spot controllers and avoid them if at all possible because they make everyone's life miserable

And luv2teach2017, how do you get your radar up to spot these types?