Help

Substitute Teachers

Entering the last month of school...

>

artladyhere

Entering the last month of school...
Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

and i noticed an increase of sub jobs. We can only work, I think, 155 days out of the school year......so.....building subs are now timing out and many are done for the year. That means---for regular subs----the jobs are really becoming plentiful!

artladyhere is offline   Reply With Quote

cenWApara

Old 04-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My sub coordinator said that the 'trend' is by mid-May, I should be getting lots more sub jobs. Guessing it's the same reason. More time with the kids and more money in the bank!
cenWApara is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Old 04-19-2018, 05:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My schools have a much harder time finding subs at the end of the year. Many people want to take advantage of those last few weeks to get things done while their own kids are still in school. There should be plenty of jobs soon. Unfortunately, my state is giving standardized tests this week, so my jobs are very scarce right now.
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 04-19-2018, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Standardized testing started this week,but Iím willing to do half days so I am working everyday. If thatís all thatís available,I figure itís better than nothing. May is starting to fill up, especially the last half of the month. I just picked up a job for the last day of school.
Tapdancesub is online now   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 04-19-2018, 02:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Yes, I had a busy week this week, and my dance card is full for May. Itís always one of my busiest months. Seems like thereís a glut of subs in my district by the mid-October,but the ranks are drastically reduced by the end of March. As you said, the jobs are becoming plentiful!

mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 04-19-2018, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Why can you only work 155 days in a school year. The year before last I worked 170.5.

I think jobs at the end of the year will be more in demand around here as people try to work as many days as possible before summer vacation. Schools end at different times around here. Some finish May 25th and others go for another two weeks.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote

artladyhere

Old 04-21-2018, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have no idea why they cap our days at 155. We go to school 180 days. By mid-April, a lot of building subs are done for the year.
artladyhere is offline   Reply With Quote

cenWApara

Old 04-30-2018, 05:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Well, my last job was almost two weeks ago and the only jobs I've seen since on Aesop are the same one-on-one and temporary self-contained positions at the same middle school in West Valley. Was that last job just a 'tease' or what? And with Selah, 'keeping me in mind'...no calls in two weeks. I do need to contact a couple of jobsites I've applied for (outside of the school sector) because I'm not getting any $$$ doing college homework and not working! Guess I start bugging my sub coordinator and the Selah secretaries once again...

Lakeside

The Spring Boost
Old 04-30-2018, 05:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

They always get more plentiful here near the end of the year, as teachers use the personal days they had been saving in case they needed them as sick days.

(Then, at the very end, the sub budget usually runs out, and the last week or two there is nothing. - They split classes up into other rooms if someone actually gets sick.)
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

cenWApara

Old 05-02-2018, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I talked to my West Valley sub coordinator this morning, she said the last couple days they've had a '100% fill rate'. Guessing that means 100% of the preferred subs are taking jobs? Jobulator has not gone off since Monday, and that was only the same 1-on-1 Sped para job that keeps showing up.
I just applied for a front desk job at a local bowling alley, and still waiting on a local arcade to get back to me...fingers crossed for some type of work.
Parapro positions for next year should start showing up by the end of this month - I will be taking every position I can get my hands on! I want to work!