Help

Substitute Teachers

Old address, so no reassurance letter

>

Sirsubalot

Old address, so no reassurance letter
Old 05-06-2018, 07:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I suspect this might not be too uncommon; it happened to me 10 years ago and cost me a few weeks of work.

I was surprised to get a voicemail from a neighbor who lived beneath me almost five years ago before I moved.
She said that on April 30, a letter arrived for me from a school district that was apparently sent back to the post office. It must have been my reassurance letter.

I moved in 2013, so why the heck is the district sending this to a five year old address?

I get my checks mailed to my correct address every month from payroll, so it seems odd this happened. There was no problem getting the last four reassurance letters to me.

These letters have tight deadlines, so I hope they will extend my deadline since I will be at least two weeks behind in receiving it. I e mailed our sub tech, asking to get this letter to me ASAP and to extend the deadline if necessary.

My question is, if they fail and do not extend the deadline, do I have a legal case against them, or will this me just another consequence of being a sub without any recourse?

Ten years ago, a receptionist who retired lost my returned letter in another district, and it was hard to get back on the sub roster. I lost about 2-3 weeks of work, along with $100 for missing a mandatory meeting.

I think they will extend the deadline for me, but if not, I will not hesitate to go to the labor board.

Maybe this is why I did not get the memo explaining the sick pay policy a couple years ago, and therefore losing $250

Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 05-08-2018, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Oh, wow, that really stinks. It seems you have to follow up on just about everyone these days. It might be a good idea to call your districts and confirm they have your correct mailing address. Of course, that doesn’t mean they won’t somehow resurrect an old address again.
mooba1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 05-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I e-mailed our sub tech and asked her to send another copy to my new address and extend the deadline.

The second copy arrived today, but the original was older than I thought. The original was mailed on April 16, and the due date was April 27.

She sent me a duplicate with no new deadline. I will attach a letter to the copy asking to extend my deadline under the circumstances.

If they refuse, I will not go down quietly, especially since negligence by administrators at this district has cost me about $1000 over the years.

Why are these deadlines so tight?

The letters from another district were sent via an e-mail attachment today, but the deadline is only nine days away on May 18.

At least my 3rd district gave us until June 7.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote