Help

ESL/LEP

Rosetta Stone

>

tuckerlove

Rosetta Stone
Old 11-02-2007, 08:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My school just purchased Rosetta Stone and I have no clue how to use it in my classroom. Any suggestions? How often do you have the kids use it? How do you grade the kids? Do you have them do the listening section first?

tuckerlove is offline   Reply With Quote

Polly J.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Rossetta stone is a wonderful program...how lucky you are to have it in your school! I have a personal copy of the extended version. It is vocabulary based, so the first few lessons will strictly be about building the basic vocabulary, simple verbs and nouns. I would start there. The program offers a wealth more, includinf writing and voice analysis, but it will be very ovewhelming for a lot of newcomers in a ESL program.

Fiddle around with the program yourself. Dedicate a couple of hours to exploring it. If you have the extended version with several different languages, go through a couple lessons of a language you are not familiar with. It will teach you how the lessons are formatted, as well as humble you a bit, too.
Polly J. is offline   Reply With Quote