Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Pre-student teacher

>

molkat

Pre-student teacher cooperating teach worries
Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I just completed my pre-student teaching assignment in a third grade class. I went to the school two days a week for six weeks. I loved it and learned a lot! This was my first experience ever teaching, and I feel that I did a good job. (However I need to work on my classroom management) My cooperating teacher suggested that I receive a B+ for my final grade. I know this is good but, I have received an A in all of my elementary courses. I feel that because I worked so hard, improved, and learned a lot that I deserve an A. Do you think that there is a chance that I could still pull of an A, because of my supervisors in put. Please remember that this was my very first teaching experience. Next semester I will be doing my pre-student special education teaching and the semester after that I will be doing my student teaching. Thank you!

Last edited by molkat; 03-03-2010 at 06:36 PM..
molkat is offline   Reply With Quote

fleetwoodfan

not sure
Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

But I when my sister was a mentor and had a student teacher, the program supervisors (professors) did rely heavily on her observations and evaluaions of the student teacher. I wonder what the exact area on the final project is that she feels is worthy of a B+ instead of an A. There should be a clear scoring guide for you to refer to on this. Good luck next semester!
fleetwoodfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tching1

Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would not take it to harshly. I remember my supervisor told me that if he gave me an A, that it would show that I had no areas that needed improvement. By giving you a B, I think they are saying that you are doing a great job, but that there are areas you can get better with. This still happens as a teacher when you get evalutions. The principal has told me that he can not give me a perfect score because that would show that there are no areas of improvement. We ALL have areas we can improve on. I think you should just keep up the good work and when you are finished, no on will ever look at the grade you received for this anyway. Good luck in all you do!
Tching1 is offline   Reply With Quote