Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Next year 2nd or 3rd grade

>

Rhonda71

Next year 2nd or 3rd grade
Old 03-28-2010, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Well I have been told that i will be in 3rd again(I have taught for 4yrs) or 2nd (which I realy want). I would like to start a new classroom theme next year. I have had sea life up to this point. I need something not to childish or to grown up since I may not sure what I will teach next year.
I know have fish and Wayland posters all over the walls, in between my eduactional posters.
Any and all ideas would be helpful

Rhonda71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Grinner

Generic
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think the best way to go is to pick a color scheme and go with that. That way you can add to it with lots of things. I have a black and yellow theme. I have things that are yellow and black polka dots, checked, and striped. That way when I see something in yellow or black, I know it will fit into my room decor. My friend who teaches K used a red and black theme that is very cute.
Grinner is offline   Reply With Quote

teach42morrow

Themes
Old 03-30-2010, 12:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hmmm..I'm a big fan of under the sea but I can see why you'd want to change.
How about a Monkey/Jungle? "Hanging out in 2nd/3rd Grade", "Swinging into Good Work", etc.
I recently saw a pretty cool Hollywood themed classroom too--that might be more generic so you wouldn't have to worry about characters that look too young.
teach42morrow is offline   Reply With Quote

AZQueenBee

Theme
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I teach 3rd grade and have a Bee Theme. I always start the year teaching the rules and hard work by teaching about bees. The kids love it, and depeding on the kind of bee decorations you get you can make it cartoony or simple and modern. All my bulletin boards in my room alternate black and yellow; if the board paper is black, the border is yellow and vice versa.

We have a Bee-utiful work board, Buzz Word Wall, B-mail boxes (instead of E-mail) that homework is filed into and they check at the end of the day, a Worker Bee Board for jobs, star student board is titled "Whos the BuZz of room 31", Birthday board is "How old will you bee".

We also use a ton of sayings and apreviations for various things; for example:
-if I'm working witha student or group of students they know they can't bother me unless they are suffering from the Three B's (Bleeding, Barfing, Bathroom).
- Ifthey have to go to the bathroom, they hold up a piece of laminated Stationary shaped likea Bee to ask to "Buzz to the Bathroom".
-we "buzz back to our seats"
-we call the classroom the hive
-I am the queen bee, they are the worker bees
I also have a ton of bee stamps for various purposes.

It is very appropriate for a classroom becasue bees are such hard workers, and there is so much stuff out there! I probably have other ideas I couold share with you, but just slipped my mind at the moment.

Hope that helps!
AZQueenBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rhonda71

Thanks
Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You all have great ideas. I am leaning to "Moore's Marvelous Mon Stars" But monster stuff is not abundant. I am going to trace and color so big colorful monsters and use bright colored stars. Does it sound silly???
Sounds simple but nothing I ever tackle turns out to be as easy as I think But it has to be done I am so tired of looking at the same old stuff on my walls.

Rhonda71 is offline   Reply With Quote

NewTeacher08

Not silly at all!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I don't think the monster idea is silly at all! I think its really cute!! You should post pictures once you are finished with it all!
NewTeacher08 is offline   Reply With Quote
P. Diane

P. Diane

Rhonda71's Message - reply
Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

If you teach grammar, you need to check your homophones and spelling. Where you typed "I need something not to (should be too) childish or to (should be too) grown up since I may (should be am) not sure...". Where you typed, "I know (should be now) have fish...". You also misspelled educational, but I assume (and pray) that was a typographical error. This type of grammar scares me for the future of our children, as I see it all too often!

Eduk8r1

Let's stick to helping...
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

P. Diane, I'm not sure if you've ever been on a blog site before or not but generally, we (teachers) are rushing to get our thoughts out in five minutes or less. Spelling and grammar kind of go by the wayside. Your time would have been better spent offering some creative suggestions to the original bloggers question, rather than picking apart her english.
Eduk8r1 is offline   Reply With Quote

room323

Puzzle Theme
Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I did a Puzzle Theme. Everything was puzzles and it was very colorful. Starting with my classroom door. I did a big apple in the form of a puzzle with one piece missing and that missing piece was on the side of the apple. I titled the door with the words, " You are an essential part of our class!" I had puzzles pieces which I got at a teacher store and put their names on each one and put them on the door. I gave my students puzzle name tags that said I am an essential part in my (Teacher's name) class. Progess folders and report card matched the theme, I used computer paper with puzzle border I got at Dollar Tree. I had two bullentin boards, one inside the classroom and one outside, I used yellow bulletin board paper, border with puzzles on it and then clothespins attached with a puzzle piece. I got alot of compliments. We would count the students, they had a number, that was their puzzle piece which we would use to identify who was missing work or absent. We would say "we are missing puzzle piece ______. "You can use this theme. Next year I am planning on using the "Key Theme, "Unlock the Door to Learning"
room323 is offline   Reply With Quote