Help

Units of Study

Curriculum And Units

>

Shelia

Curriculum And Units
Old 01-06-2007, 08:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if someone could explain to me what is taught in each class when school first starts. Is their a guide that tells you what to teach from the book and by deadlines? The bulletin board and worksheets are intergrated into the lesson...by me...whatever I choose to help with the unit? OR is the lessons available to me by my district? I am so confused!

Shelia is offline   Reply With Quote

tammych

Relax...
Old 01-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When the time comes, you'll know what to do. You will probably be given a mentor to lead you through the first year.
The district gave me a curriculum guide that I MUST teach. It lists everything that is required for my grade. I can teach it any way that I like and in any order. The old teacher left me her plans from last year. It's been a big help as far as pacing goes.
Don't worry and Good Luck with your new career.
tammych is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelia

I am relaxxxinggg
Old 01-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks so much, Tammy. Nice to meet you. I have about a year and a half left in school.....it is both exciting and scary. I have subbed, observed classroom, interviewed teachers....etc. Finding out information now is making things seem less scary.

Could you give me examples of what book you use for Language arts, social studies, etc...and what are some of the units....and does the units have to tie in with the theme of your room...bulletin board?

I would appreciate your input and advice.

Again, thanks and nice to "meet" you.
Shelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Jaime2NH

Jaime2NH

you might want to check
Old 01-23-2007, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You might want to check on a grade level page. The Units of Study title on this page refers to a series of writing units by Lucy Calkins. I think it also completely depends on what state you are in and what district you are in! Perhaps start researching schools in the area that you are looking...many have websites that explain if they have programs or models that they follow!

Good luck,
Jaime

gash

Units of Study - Grade 2
Old 05-23-2010, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Jamie,

I have heard that you have done a wonderful job adapting Calkins Units of Study to Second Grade. I have found units of study summaries for Grade 1 on here, but nothing for Second Grade. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Gash

gash is offline   Reply With Quote