Help

ARCHIVE

Next year ideas

>

3rd Grade Rox

Next year ideas
Old 05-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So our school year is coming fast to an end (only 2 weeks left). Woohoo! I think it's funny that the longer I teach the more new ideas I want to try. I was thinking about ideas that I want to do next year. I think I want to do more cooperative learning. I was thinking about doing more Science and Social Studies...perhaps I'll have a pet, like a ladybug habitat. I saw one at a toy store and thought it was cute. What are some new ideas that you all want to try for next year?

3rd Grade Rox is offline   Reply With Quote

mellen

New for next year
Old 05-26-2007, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm excited about tweaking my classroom management a bit. I attended a Rick Morris workshop and am looking forward to implementing some of his suggestions. I also plan to begin a science project that I found here. The OP called it "Super Scientist", I think. Basically, it is a take home package that allows students to complete simple science projects at home then report back to their classmates. We'll be getting new Social Studies curriculum this year, so I'm excited about using that, too.

Isn't it funny how we can't wait to finish the current year, yet are so excited about looking forward to the next year! We are fortunate to have a career where we can begin fresh on an annual basis!
mellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Lizar

Old 05-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree, starting fresh is great. We can tweak and change things and enjoy the renewal each year.

BUT... I am having such a hard time preparing to leave my current students. The beginnings are easy, it's the endings that stink! Any ideas on how to get over the sadness piece?
Lizar is offline   Reply With Quote

shapnic

Old 05-27-2007, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Where can I find "Super Scienctist"?
shapnic is offline   Reply With Quote