Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

We want to see snow.

>

Peaches250

We want to see snow.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:51 AM

Living in the south, my DD and I have never really seen snow. Georgia has had a few inches on the ground, but we want to be able to go play!
Has anyone ever been to Snow Shoe Mountain? Or maybe have another suggestion?
We need a place that we can drive to from Atlanta in a reasonable time. We do not really want to ski, but we do want to maybe tube, build a snowman, play, and just soak in the beauty for just a bit. I would prefer not to break the bank on a true skiing vacation because we will not utilize that. We are old and out of shape . I am also not the most coordinated! I prefer not to break anything!

We have looked into Snow Shoe and it is a little overwhelming! There are so many lodging places! I figured I would ask here, hoping someone would be familiar and would be able to narrow my focus down a little since I am flying blind.

TIA

Peaches250 is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 10-31-2021, 08:14 AM

I love this post because it reminds me of how varying in terrain, weather, etc. our great country is. I'm in CO so we see WAY too much snow for my liking. However, I also know that if I lived where you live, I'd want to experience snow, too.

Never having lived in GA/that region of the USA, I can't really help you out.

I imagine someone on PT will and can help you out!!
eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

meandmyhouse

Old 10-31-2021, 09:50 AM

Are you talking about Snowshoe in WV? If so my sister's family go tubing there often. They love it! They have never stayed overnight because it is a close drive.
meandmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Peaches250

Snow
Old 10-31-2021, 10:52 AM

Eliza...I have always found it amazing the differences in all the areas of the US. I love when all the different pictures start posting in the winter. Of course the GA pics are usually rain and mud . I just want to play in some real snow. I want to see and experience it. This is for sure a bucket list item of mine. Play in the snow like a big ole kid! Mind you, I am a southern girl. I would not want to live in it, just visit!
Meandmyhouse...yes! That is where we are looking. We will have to stay there. It is a pretty long drive for us. We are thinking of actually staying somewhere for about 3 days. I just don't know that we need the resort itself. It is really confusing when you look at their lodging because there are so many different areas. I don't know if one area is better suited for what we are looking for or if we should look else where and not look there at all and sort of freestyle it to save a little bit of money.

meandmyhouse

Old 10-31-2021, 11:16 AM

This is the tubing link:

https://www.snowshoemtn.com/things-t...cola-tube-park

This link takes you to accommodations available. You are right, there are A LOT! I usually look at trip advisor for reviews. There seem to be a big price range. Once again I am NO help.

https://www.snowshoemtn.com/plan-you...lt=2&Child=0#_

meandmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 10-31-2021, 11:44 AM

Maybe I can box some up for you when I go to Michigan to help my DD move to Georgia! Iím sure there will be plenty!

DD is excited to be moving away from the snow so expect a big snowfall in GA this winter!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Peaches250

Teach...
Old 10-31-2021, 11:59 AM

Tell her not to be surprised! We are due a "good" snow. We have not had more than a few inches where we are in years!
What you see on TV is true. We shut down! People cannot drive in that stuff. Man, I love a good snow day!