Help

ARCHIVE

book basket genres

>

love5th

book basket genres
Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am creating book basket labels. I teach 5th and am trying to keep it simple. I don't have room to have baskets just for "Animal Stories," "Sports Stories" etc, so I've narrowed it down to the following categories:
Realistic Fiction
Historical Fiction
Fantasy
Science Fiction
Mystery
Nonfiction

My question is where to put some of my books. Would ghost stories be Science Fiction, Mystery, or Fantasy? Would you do a seperate label/baskets for those 3 because some are very clearly one or the other, but some seem to overlap so much I feel like an idiot for not know where to put them. Thanks for any help!

love5th is offline   Reply With Quote

klperry

General Fiction
Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have very specific baskets, only because I have taught for many years, but what I also include are two baskets, one for "General Fiction" and another for "Realistic Fiction" and those baskets cover what I may not have room for or cannot categorize elsewhere.
klperry is offline   Reply With Quote

ecse129

Old 08-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I run into that problem all the time too. I usually just end up putting some in one box, some in another, etc, and spreading them out. If I have a lot from one series though I may create an area just for that series. I also have Fantasy and Mystery and I run into a lot of the same problem. I usually put it in the Mystery box if it says Mystery in the title. Like the other poster said, I also have a general Fiction box to put some of those random ones.
ecse129 is offline   Reply With Quote