Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Droid - cell phone

>

Angie

Droid - cell phone
Old 02-08-2010, 10:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a Droid? I am thinking about getting on in a few weeks. Pros? Cons? Thanks in advance!

di19

Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a Samsung Moment that I just got about 3 months ago - I love it! and mind you I am not very tech savvy and had no intention on getting anything more than a phone that could simply make phone calls but my plan was up and my husband tried to talk me into an Iphone. So glad I didn't go that way - My plan is much cheaper and I',m sure my phone is more capable than I even realize yet

dancer2007

Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I got a new phone yesterday and it was between the blackberry curve 2 or the droid. I tried both out at the store and decided on the blackberry. The numbers on the droid seemed hard to push and there was not enough room between the keyboard and where it slid up. I know there two models out of the droid one is all touch screen and the other one is both. I am personally not a fan of all touch screen and the other droid made me feel like I was holding a gameboy in my hand. However, I am not 100 % I want to key the blackberry either. The guy at Verizon said the droid is great if you use your phone for other than texting and making phone calls. I use it for email and such but I am not going to play all the games, and music apps that can be downloaded on it.

tmar

Phone
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My DH LOVES his Droid. He's had it a couple of months now. My DD has a Blackberry and wants to upgrade to the Droid in the fall when her contract is up. You do have to pay the extra $$ for the data plan, though. I'm like the previous poster - I just want to make phone calls and take the occasional picture, so I don't need all the extras.

AJ

Sent it back
Old 02-09-2010, 04:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My DH and I tried the Droid for about 5 minutes and put them back in the box. The buttons were hard to push. We tried to call Verizon for support and we had to set up a Google account. Huh? Too technical for me. I just received a Blackberry in the mail yesterday and so far I have figured out how to call someone, get/send text messages, change my ringtone, lock it...all without reading the manual. DH go a Blackberry too.

Lottalove

I have a Droid Touch
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have had it about one month so far. I love it. Of course, I never had a BB or iPhone before so have nothing to compare it to in that respect.

I haven't had any problems at all. I have chubby fingers and haven't had any issues with the keys. I do use the touch pad a lot though. MY OCD makes it hard for me to abbreviate (u-you, c-see, n-in, 4-for, etc.) so I struggled with texting. The touch pad offers suggested words across the screen once you've typed in 2-3 letters. You can type long messages really quickly.

I have some apps downloaded, cruise the Net some, all that.

I like the Droid.

volstate

Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My husband just got rid of his BB to get a Droid, and so far he really likes it. One things is for sure, it sure has a high volume setting. He is very into apps and " cool" things, so he is enjoying that big time.

anna

Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I've had a Droid for several months and it is lots of fun. I enjoy the large screen,the fast connection and the app selection. I whine a little bit about the keys on the slide-out keyboard but I am getting used to them

teachnkids

Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

My DS has a Droid and LOVES it!

thing1thing2

Htc imagio
Old 02-09-2010, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

dON'T GET THE DROID. gET THE iMAGIO. iT HAS everything you could ever want-games, free apps, weather, stocks, tv, i-net, etc. I LUVVVVVVVVVVVVVV my phone. I almost left VW for the I phone but VW came through. Give it a look over.

Angie

Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

thanks guys! Does anyone know if when you get on facebook, if you can do apps such as Cafe World? Can you chat?