Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

Form for next year's teacher

>

Froggy

Form for next year's teacher
Old 05-11-2015, 12:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a form that they give to the main/core classroom teacher to write down info for next years teacher explaining what the student was capable of doing on their own at the end of the year.

For example ...
student had all tests read to them, did 10/20 spelling words per week, etc...

Too much to do at the end of the year...not trying to reinvent the wheel!

Thank you!

Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote

trexteach

Old 05-13-2015, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We do different paperwork since our kids go on to middle school next year.

However, the rest of the teachers send on cards with info that gives input such as last guided reading level, a rating of where they performed in writing and math (high/low scale), standardized test scores (overall pts) for reading and math, behavior and effort rating, amount of parent involvement, medical alerts, indication of any speech classes, ESL, IEPs, WEPs, and/or 504s. There is also a small space for personal comments such as "Students needs a lot of one on one to build confidence," or "Teacher pleaser but has difficulty completing assignments on his/her own."

These cards are NOT very big, about the size of two large index cards together, since they are only meant as a quick hit on the student's background. Also, the majority of it is where the teacher just fills in a blank or circles something. Not much space for narratives.

So, long story short, no, I don't have an example that I use myself. If you are really interested in these cards, I can always grab one to show you exactly what is on them. Just let me know. By now, you may have already gone ahead and re-invented that wheel.
trexteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Jak1017

Forms
Old 07-01-2015, 07:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It seems you are mixing information. Having all tests read to them is an accommodation used in a 504 plan or IEP. This should be in the student's records.
Student did 10/20 spelling words per week is either a score ( in test history) or again an accommodation called reduced work load. You need to be careful putting a form in the file for the new teacher. In our litigious society, people like to take legal action when they don't agree with your assessment of their child.
Talk to the teacher in person ( no written record) about students you have concerns with. The other students that passed, are expected to have met or mastered the required standards.
Jak1017 is offline   Reply With Quote