Math & Science

food chain project

>

teach14

teach14

food chain project
Old 03-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a cute project that my students can do to show a food chain? Thanks

Ms. Science

Food Chain
Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Make a mobile using index cards and string. I had my middle schoolers do it years ago and they loved it. On each card the name of the species was on one side and other info was on the back. They can add pictures also. Hang them up around the room!
Ms. Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Michelle

Michelle

Food chains
Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I had my students make links like a chain. They used green for producers and red for decomposers. Other colors were used for consumers. After they made a basic chain with 5 links (1 producer, 1 decomploser and 3 consumers) they had to branch their chains out towards a "web" and add other consumers to their consumer links representing other animals/organisms that would consume them.

Teach'n'Learn

food chain
Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't know if it qualifies as "cute," but I had my students draw the food chain for their own meals. They had to figure out the ingredients in everything and then draw the flow of energy up to themselves.

They had a lot of fun with it and were really interested in how their food was also part of a chain.
Teach'n'Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Leggett

Leggett

Teacher
Old 12-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I had my students make paper chains (the strips were different colors: yellow for the sun, green for plants/purple for berries, and they chose the colors for the secondary consumers). Next, they had to cut out pictures to place on the chains to show the flow of energy. Good Luck.

rtyre

Food chain mobile
Old 09-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I like this idea - how long would you say it would take them to make though and did you give them some sort of directions on how to assemble it?

Just wondering... I'd really like to do this, but I teach 4th grade and they are hard to keep on task!
rtyre is offline   Reply With Quote
SarahK_58

SarahK_58

Old 07-03-2012, 12:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would like to use your method for a presentation. Now I wanted to ask whether this is your own idea or if you know the author of this method? I need this information for referencing!

Thanks in advance,
Sarah