Help

Bluebonnet Room

Preschool Teacher

>

sgr8ful2god

Preschool Teacher
Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm a preschool teacher at a daycare. I am not a certified teacher, although I want to be. But, I have been teaching a 4 yr old class. My question is this. What would be your advice to do next? The kids all know their letters and letter sounds. We have tried to start learning how to put some sounds together and make cvc words. Outside of that, I'm not sure what else to work on with them.

srnickles

Last edited by sgr8ful2god; 03-24-2012 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: correct typo

lily74

next...
Old 09-28-2012, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am currently a third grade teacher, but I have a 4 year old daughter at preschool. It is her second year, and all the other students in her class are 3 year olds learning their letters.

Her teacher is starting teaching sight words, just one or two a week. Last week she learned 'the' and 'a'. She had a mini book where she practiced writing each word. Then she read a book/nursery rhyme with the teacher and had to pick out the sight words she had learned. Then when all the other students were learning the letter'b', my daughter made her own 'b' book. She had to find/think of things that begain with that letter, and write them down and draw a picture. eg. the broom, the bridge, the bees etc.

Another thing she started doing was learning cvc words with a pattern. She did 'an' words and had to list rhyming words with that pattern. eg. pan/fan/can...

Hope that helps a little!