Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Piggyback-wedding bands

>

Jackie

Piggyback-wedding bands
Old 10-21-2020, 09:51 AM

I saw the post below about Obama and not wearing his wedding bands. Do you and your spouse wear them? Does it bother you if your spouse doesnít wear it? I wear mine all the time but dh wears his about two times a year lol. Heís not a jewelry guy. It doesnít bother me one bit.

Jackie is online now   Reply With Quote

MissTrace

Old 10-21-2020, 10:09 AM

I wear mine 99% of the time when leaving the house. DH does, too. However, at home DH has a habit of taking it off and setting it down wherever heís at. Drives me crazy when we are close to being late and he canít find his ring. Iíve told him many times letís just go and worry about the ring later.

My dad does not wear a ring. He worked as a copy machine tech and didnít wear it for work. When I was little his ring was stolen when our home was burglarized. He never replaced it. Heís very happily married.
MissTrace is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

wedding rings
Old 10-21-2020, 10:09 AM

I haven't warm mine in about five years because of medications causing swelling. DH wears his all the time. He use to wear it on his dog tag chain back in the day.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 10-21-2020, 10:13 AM

I never even got an engagement ring just a wedding band that fell off my finger. Bought another one and it fell off my finger a few years later. These fortunately were not expensive rings. I decided to leave well enough alone since they kept getting lost. My husband only got a ring for our ceremony But he never wears it. He believes that he is married on the inside and does not need a ring to prove that.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

I wear a band,
Old 10-21-2020, 10:17 AM

not my actual wedding ring. My wedding ring is 18K gold with tiny diamonds and if I wear it all the time I end up losing one of the diamonds, so I replaced it with a simpler gold band.
My DH's work made it dangerous for him to wear a ring, because it could get caught on things. He stopped wearing it years and years ago.

I didn't know Obama didn't wear a ring. I know years ago sometimes the husband didn't even get a ring. I have read wedding announcements that state "in a double ring ceremony" so back then it wasn't the custom for all weddings.

I never seem to notice wedding rings.

chipmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-21-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I know years ago sometimes the husband didn't even get a ring. I have read wedding announcements that state "in a double ring ceremony" so back then it wasn't the custom for all weddings.
This was us. DH never had a band. I always wore, as in never ever took them off, an engagement solitaire, a simple wedding band, and a gorgeous anniversary band.

I took them off when DH passed away and gave the valuable two to DD. I kept the wedding band.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 10-21-2020, 10:57 AM

In the other post someone mentioned they don’t wear theirs because of finger size fluctuations. That is me, too! Generally I wear my rings more in the winter because my fingers don’t seem to swell so much. I don’t wear them around the house, though. Just when I go out. DH has one but never wears it. No big deal to either of us. For the record— I do love my ring set!
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 10-21-2020, 11:17 AM

I wear one if I'm going out; engagement ring and anniversary band if we go out. If I out my wedding band on it would eyoo much ring. I have short fingers!

DH lost his working in the yard years ago. He remembers putting it in his pocket, but we never found it. Tore apart washer and dryer. It's with the dozens of socks we've lost!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 10-21-2020, 11:31 AM

I wear mine almost always. If Iím going to do something where ďdeglovingĒ is a risk or where it would be gone forever if it fell off, Iíll take it off.

DH almost never wears his. He canít for work, and he doesnít bother putting it back on if heís just going to be at home, so since he rarely wears it, he often forgets to put it on for any other occasion.

It used to bother me, but Iím over it by now.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 10-21-2020, 11:42 AM

I wear mine most of the time unless I am cooking something that needs mixing with my hands or I am crafting and don't want remnants of liquid craft materials on my rings. DH stores his in a jewelry box because it just isn't comfortable for him. It's never bothered me.

anna is offline   Reply With Quote

MACMama

Old 10-21-2020, 11:46 AM

I wear the band if Iím going somewhere. I donít wear the engagement ring. DH doesnít wear his. He use to until he started working in the mills and there was a no jewelry policy.
MACMama is offline   Reply With Quote

nyteacher29

Yes and no
Old 10-21-2020, 12:06 PM

I always wore mine, dh never his because of work (even the rubber ones are too dangerous) and because he doesnít like wear any type of jewelry even his expensive watch (I donít know why he even got it). We actually only got him a band because it came with mine.

Since the pandemic started in March I rarely wear mine either. Iím home most of the time and donít want to risk damaging it.
nyteacher29 is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 10-21-2020, 12:11 PM

I rarely wear mine. They are custom made and beautiful but they get dirty easily so I remove them for most of the time at home. I wear them if we go out and I want bling...which is almost never during the Covid crazyís. Dang!!!
MathWA is offline   Reply With Quote

WordFountain

Rings
Old 10-21-2020, 12:27 PM

Yes, I wear both my engagement & wedding rings all the time. I feel naked if I donít have them on. When I was pregnant in my 3rd trimester I still wore one- I switched to wear an older ring from my grandmother because of swelling. I wear my rings because I like to, not because I need to. Weíre both happily married with or without.

My DH takes his wedding ring off when he goes surfing. Heís left it in the car many many times
WordFountain is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 10-21-2020, 12:32 PM

DH doesn't wear his. He never wore it to work for safety reasons. Then he messed up his finger and it didn't fit over his knuckle.
I wear mine when I leave home. My rings (and bra and shoes) come off when I hit the door coming in.
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 10-21-2020, 01:22 PM

I always wear my engagement and wedding rings. Dh does too.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

MKat

Old 10-21-2020, 01:23 PM

DH always wears his ring and I rarely wear mine. The way my fingers are made, the bottom of my finger is fatter than my knuckle. If my finger swells, it hurts or worse, gets stuck. If I get cold, my fingers get skinnier and since my knuckle doesn't hold the ring on it can go flying right off. I had never worn rings before getting engaged so didn't realize this would be such a problem. If I had known, I never would have let DH buy me a ring in the first place.

I have considered getting a tattoo, but I don't really like that look, so I've settled for taking my ring on and off constantly.
MKat is offline   Reply With Quote

overthemoon

Old 10-21-2020, 01:25 PM

My husband and I never got wedding rings. Neither of us wears jewelry, so we mutually decided not buy them.
overthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote

nucleus

Old 10-21-2020, 01:28 PM

I always wear mine. It's been almost 5 years since DH passed away and I'm still wearing it. I just feel weird without it. DH only started wearing his when he changed jobs. His previous job made it unsafe.
nucleus is offline   Reply With Quote

letsgomets

Yes
Old 10-21-2020, 01:58 PM

we both wear them. I only take my wedding ring off if I am swimming in the ocean or for medical procedures. Dh is a trumpet player and has a large callous on his ring finger. I'm not sure he can even take his off.
letsgomets is offline   Reply With Quote

EllaKate

Old 10-21-2020, 02:27 PM

I used to wear it all the time but in the past 15 years, I don't. My hands swell so much in the heat. DH got me an anniversary band and a turquoise ring that I wear on my ring finger, but only if going out. I'm just not a ring person.

DH has never worn his ring to work as he worked outside for the phone company.
EllaKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs.Lilbit

Old 10-21-2020, 02:30 PM

I outgrew my rings when I got pregnant. I never wear any rings at all. DH (a former basketball coach) hasn't been able to wear his for at least 15 years--ever since he injured his ring finger demonstrating a passing drill. It doesn't bother either of us a bit. We have them stored away in a jewelry box.
Mrs.Lilbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Wedding bands
Old 10-21-2020, 03:13 PM

I wear mine all the time, except when painting.

DH didnít wear his to work as there was a possibility of it getting caught in machinery. When he stopped working around the machines, he put it on and leaves it on.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

cemsnowy4

Old 10-21-2020, 03:36 PM

My husband never wears his and I do sometimes but it comes right off the second I get home. I canít wear them in summer because of swelling.
cemsnowy4 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 10-21-2020, 03:38 PM

My engagement and wedding rings are soldered together. When I took karate, I had to take them off for class but I'd put them back on as soon as I got home because it made me feel weird. The only time I couldn't wear them for a while was when my fingers got too swollen when I was pregnant so I wore them on a chain around my neck. My sister scoffed at me saying I was such a romantic and then in the next breath said she wished she'd done that.

My mom wore her mother's simple gold wedding band along with her own soldered together engagement and wedding bands. When my mom died 3 years ago, I started wearing that same gold band.

Man wears his ring all the time. He can't get it off because his knuckles are too big.
GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Claire

Rings
Old 10-21-2020, 04:03 PM

We just got matching white gold bands when we got married. I didn't get an engagement ring at all. We had other kid expenses between both of us.

I wear mine. He wears a silicone one due to his work.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote

beaver

Rings
Old 10-21-2020, 04:35 PM

I wear my engagement ring and wedding band all the time. Usually just take them off for cleaning. DH wore his wedding band off and on for about 10 years, then our house was robbed. After several years we bought another one. Had it for about a year, took it off to play golf and we never saw it again. He also suffers from hyper hydrosis and was always taking it off and wiping his hand.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 10-21-2020, 06:01 PM

I put me on after I get out of the shower in the morning and take it off before bed. I run on the treadmill in the mornings and my fingers tend to swell - I know it will go down and be fine, but I don't like that feeling. I have a dish on my dresser just for my ring and never put it anywhere else.

Dh also has his ring in the dish right now. He's lost a ton of weight in the last year and his ring is so loose it will fall off. It's Tungsten and can't be resized. We'll get him a new one, probably, but I'm not sure that he cares too much one way or the other.
pdxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

DSLBUG

Old 10-21-2020, 07:01 PM

I wear my engagement/wedding bands all the time. I also wear my motherís wedding band on my little finger. She had tiny hands. My husband wears his all of the time also.
DSLBUG is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 10-21-2020, 07:21 PM

My parents hardly ever wore theirs. Dad couldnít wear his at work, and Mom doesnít like anything constricting at all.

I always take mine off at night, but I havenít been wearing it while Iíve been taking care of mom so I donít scratch her.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 10-21-2020, 07:29 PM

I lost mine years ago. Dh wears his all the time. I used to wear mine, until I had babies and needed them resized. Then one was too loose and I lost it during a PD day Haven't worn one since and don't miss it. Dh wears his pretty much all the time. Once in a while he switches the hand he wears it on because it makes him itch, I think?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Old 10-21-2020, 07:43 PM

I take mine off every night because I can't stand anything constricting while I sleep. I also don't wear them on the weekend (or makeup either, for that matter!) My DH had his ring tattooed on several years ago.
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

tchrrx

Old 10-21-2020, 07:54 PM

My husband always wears his ring. He has a silicone band for when heís hiking, but he usually wears his real one.

I used to wear mine daily to school. Now that Iím working from home, I usually only wear it in Sundays. I have a silicone one Iíll pop on to run errands if I think about it, but I usually forget.
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Loveslabs

Ring
Old 10-22-2020, 04:27 AM

We both wear ours at all times. I take the symbolism of our rings very seriously.

When we first got engaged we were talking about wearing rings. I told my husband he could wear his on his finger or in his nose like a bull. I guess he took me as being serious because the ring is always on his finger. :
Loveslabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Cinderella00

Wedding Rings
Old 10-22-2020, 04:32 AM

I always wore mine, day and night, for about 15 years. Then I lost the diamond (it wasn't big), so I put it away and got a replacement ring. Now I rarely wear any rings, although I have 3 that are very nice. I just forget to put them on in the morning.
DH almost never wears his. It sits in my jewelry box. Sometimes he'll ask where it is.

My dad has NEVER taken his off. He will just smile when we mention it. There's no way he could remove it if he wanted to now, his finger has grown around it.
Cinderella00 is offline   Reply With Quote

sterlingsun

Old 10-22-2020, 06:34 AM

My dad has not worn his ring in years as it no longer fits. He is also a retired corrections officer and frequently left it at home as he didn't want anything to happen to it. He keeps it in his nightstand drawer for safekeeping. My mom is a jewelry gal and likes to wear hers 24/7. She has never minded that my dad doesn't wear his.
sterlingsun is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

For us,
Old 10-22-2020, 07:12 AM

I wear mine most days. I take it off when I get home so there are occasional days I forget. DH has a ring tattooed on his ring finger so it is always there with no safety issues.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Charlotte

Old 10-22-2020, 07:30 AM

DH and I wear our wedding rings 24/7. I really didn't think DH would wear his, but he hasn't gone a day without it in 21 years.
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Kaimana

Old 10-22-2020, 06:12 PM

I wear my engagement and wedding rings 24/7. I also have my great grandmother's engagement ring on my right hand which I haven't taken off since I got it on my 18th birthday.
My husband never takes off his wedding band either. His was his dad's.
Kaimana is offline   Reply With Quote