Help

Retired Teachers

Where you live....

>

Summerwillcom

Where you live....
Old 10-24-2020, 09:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What is a rough estimate of the % of people who wear masks while shopping? I have been inside stores less than 10 times since March to pick up something quickly. Then once I went in to do some fun shopping. We do pick up for groceries.
I know this is not a good excuse, but was craving something and decided to drive up to a general store. I was shocked b/c I thought people were supposed to be wearing masks in stores.
The checker did not have 1 on and I saw about 11 adults and 7 kids in the store and not 1 mask. It is a small store and there was 0 social distancing. Kids were running all over.
I was the lone ranger and they looked at me funny! N-95
Our area is in the red ( high % of Covid per population) as of a few weeks ago. ( No wonder!)
Not going back there for a long while. I have gone without chocolate for weeks. It is not worth it.

Summerwillcom is online now   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Depends on the store
Old 10-24-2020, 09:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The % is higher in store that require them. In the stores that don't require them I would guess about 70%.We do not have a statewide mandate. Our numbers continue to increase.
tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Old 10-24-2020, 10:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Where I live has been in the high percent all along and you are not allowed in any store, restaurant, salon, etc. without a mask on. At the very beginning this was not enforced, but it has been enforced for probably 5 to 6 months now.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-24-2020, 10:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The only store Iíve been in is the grocery store, and I only go once a month. Everyone, employees and shoppers, wears a mask. I havenít seen a face in ages.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

Old 10-24-2020, 11:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Kids coast. Maine here. I'd say it's close to 95% here. There is one convenience store we stopped at one day that seemed to have less people wearing masks. I stayed in the car and was surprised to see people without masks not being turned back. Stores are also limiting the number of customers still. Bar Harbor, 15 minutes away has set up mailboxes at every corner with free masks. The town doesn't want people even wondering along the streets unmasked. However, there are several parks where people can spread out and be mask less.
We're doing great up here with numbers.

timeforbed is online now   Reply With Quote

juliet4

In RI it is 100%
Old 10-25-2020, 02:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Cloth face coverings are required everywhere. You cannot enter a store, grocery, or restaurant without a mask. Per order of our governor and the health department. I have not been anywhere where masks are not mandatory. Then you have the dopes who refuse to cover their noses. I avoid those people like the plague. Coviots!!
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 10-25-2020, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Live Free or Die state here. My town and all surrounding towns have mask mandates. 100% compliance in the stores, although sometimes I see a nose or two...

I guess we would rather Live!

Last edited by lisa53; 10-25-2020 at 05:45 AM..
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sam5

Old 10-25-2020, 03:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

The mask mandate in our county has been lifted which I feel is ridiculous. The grocery stores I have been in everyone has been wearing a mask. I went into a local home goods store to return something. Many people were not wearing masks. I went to pick up food I had ordered at a small local restaurant many people who were not eating were not wearing masks. The restaurant did not have my food ready at the time they said online they would and took another fifteen minutes to get it ready. I spent that time avoiding unmasked people. I won't be ordering from them again!
Sam5 is online now   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Wisconsin
Old 10-25-2020, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Stores have signs that require masks. At the beginning, there were a lot of complaints, but now it just seems to be common sense and done automatically.

My school district is face-to-face, and everyone is wearing masks. There has been some school board uproar and attempts to attend school board meetings without masks, but that did not fly at all.

Our democratic governor has issued a mask mandate, but our republican legislature does everything it can to void the mandate. I am hoping the coming election will eliminate some of those legislators.

Because WI is so important in the coming election, we've had many republican rallies where masks were not required and most did not wear them.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

Cassyree

Old 10-25-2020, 04:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I live in NC where we do have a mask mandate but many ignore it. Our county sheriff (along with a number of other county sheriffs) has publicly stated that he can't/won't enforce the law.

Nevertheless, in my town of about 70,000 people, I see about 90% compliance with masks in groceries and drug stores, greater during the week and less on weekends. Older people are almost 100% compliant. Non-mask-wearers in my community are usually white, working class males under 50. It's a political statement. If women and children are with unmasked men, they are also usually without masks. Women alone almost always wear masks. Tells you a lot, doesn't it?

In the more rural parts of my county, many don't wear masks. Our county has the highest covid hospitalization rate since July. We have almost as many hospitalizations as the large city/suburban county near us with 5 times our population.

Last week, Trump came for a political rally in our area. 15,000 people packed together for the speech, with a carnival like atmosphere of souvenir and food booths and trucks. At least half wore no masks. They returned home, many to neighboring counties in NC and SC.

Cassyree is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Masks
Old 10-25-2020, 05:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

We have a mask mandate here in MD. You are not allowed in a store if you don't wear one. Everyone who is shopping has a mask on.
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-25-2020, 05:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Apparently I have a very limited perspective.
*True what I posted earlier that everyone I see is masked at the grocery store.
*BUT I just read about a wild local store opening. A new bikini store had an evening opening with hundreds drinking, dancing, in close contactóand all without masks.

Our metrics have us teetering on the edge of returning to stricter regulations (think: closings). I am shocked and sad this happened.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 10-25-2020, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I am also from Wisconsin. I could have easily written Ed’s post/feelings (except we have a democratic governor). I have been in grocery stores and fabric shops and for the most part masks are worn. I have gotten my hair cut and appropriate precautions are taken there, too.

Yes, we have the nose exposers and too macho to wear a mask people (who, despite going maskless are allowed in the store, even though it is a mandate).

If the place of business is not crowded and everyone is wearing a mask, I feel pretty safe. Partly because I know I will liberally use disinfectant wipes after I get back in my car! And.......no indoor nor outdoor dining for me.
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

letsgomets

Old 10-25-2020, 08:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

It's required here. We have a mask mandate. I've seen a few noses here too. How foolish!
letsgomets is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvsPixieDust

100% in my town
Old 10-25-2020, 09:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

My town has been wearing masks since the early days of mask talk. We were wearing them before the state required them and now still wear them now that the state has dropped the mandate.

I live in Mississippi and in a university town. My county had many cases in August. I am hoping the virus has run its course here. Other parts of the state were hit hard around July. Mask mandates come and go in my state depending on the infection rates.

I have a feeling my town will keep the mask ordinance longer than most towns and that is fine with me.
LuvsPixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelby3

We're
Old 10-25-2020, 09:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

mandated to wear masks. I have seen the whole gamut - from drivers, all by themselves, masked up to belligerent shoppers who refuse and are turned away at the door. All men BTW. Several who wait until they cross the threshold of a store to put on a mask. Inside it's 100%. This took awhile, but it's helping!
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

CK2

Old 10-25-2020, 09:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

At the grocery stores it’s a lot better now than in the early months, maybe 90% or even more. The home improvement stores are the worst, with maybe 20% of the customers wearing masks. All those stores I’m referring to have huge signs at the entrances saying that masks are required, so I am befuddled why people are allowed to shop without masks on.

It’s similar to PT’s policy that political posts are only to be on the issues and politics board, yet some people flout the rules and make political comments on other boards like this one.
CK2 is online now   Reply With Quote

blueskies96

Old 10-25-2020, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

About 50% compliance in stores that require them. Grrr
blueskies96 is offline   Reply With Quote

chalkdusty

Old 10-25-2020, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Here in the Show Me State, people are deeply in denial. We do not have a statewide mask mandate. Our numbers are climbing. The state Covid dashboard is behind in reporting data.

My county had a mask mandate, but it ran out Thursday and was not renewed. Why? No penalty for non-compliance. Anti-maskers are very vocal here.

Before the mandate expired, shopping at Aldi was near 100% compliance. Yesterday it looked like about 60%.

Menard's is 100% with a few Kilroys in the crowd. Walmart is about 50% with lots of Kilroys. My local gas station is 0% compliance.

I'm fed up with the lot of these people.

The president blew the perfect opportunity to unite this country, but instead has pushed mask wearing to protect each other into the realm of politics. Narcissism mixed with stupidity...this won't end well.
chalkdusty is online now   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Required
Old 10-25-2020, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

My state has required them for months. The stores here post the mask requirements on the entrance doors. We have lots of choices for groceries here, including many smaller convenience stores. If I saw what you did, I would be long gone. I would consider ordering chocolate online from Target or somewhere else. Itís hard to go without chocolate for weeks!
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 10-25-2020, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

Masks are a state requirement here. Everyone except babies wear them. A few people try to make a political statement on street corners but no one is allowed in stores without one.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Lynnteach2

Old 10-25-2020, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

Washington requires them . I have seen people take them off after they leave the store, but other than that most are wearing their masks.
Lynnteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeaPro

Old 10-25-2020, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

Just about 100%. Required in my state.
TeaPro is online now   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 10-27-2020, 07:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

Mask wearing is pretty consistent here, especially in stores.

This kind of comment, though, makes me wonder if the country can ever come together:
Quote:
but I detest the current occupant of the White House and those who support him.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

Mikecoffee

chalkdusty...
Old 10-29-2020, 10:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

chalkdusty...

Kilroy -- That's pretty funny
Mikecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote