Help

BusyBoard

Skype in the classroom

>

UF94Gator

Skype in the classroom
Old 02-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was asked if I would be interested in having another class Skype with my kindergarten class. I said yes but now I'm drawing a blank...what would we do with the other class???

I don't want the kids just staring at each other with nothing to do so I'm turning to my PT friends. Has anyone done this before with other classes? Or does anyone have suggestions?
TIA

UF94Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

JoSo

I love skype
Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've only used it for older grades but you can do a drama reenactment for the other class to watch. I've done math talks on a problem we both have done. You can do book talks, the other or you can read a story to both classes, share some art work. It would be a cool center that you can have two or three kids just talk to one another and share something about your community or what you are learning then rotate. Just some ideas.......
JoSo is offline   Reply With Quote

grannyg

book discussions
Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Could you and the other teacher read the same book to each class a day or two ahead of time. You could then discuss in each class your opinions, "I wonders..." feelings etc so you can help the kids remember what they had discussed (so they don't just sit and stare or make faces) Then on Skype, you can have the kids learn how to share ideas and respond to others, or discuss. They could also create a drawing as their response and then share them on Skype. Could you also pre-plan a sharing topic and then have the kids share experiences/thoughts on that. Birthday people could be featured - boy, would they remember that forever. Maybe you could work in Daily Calendar items (do you do those?)
The K I subbed in the other day was discussing shapes seen in the neighborhoods so each grade could offer those and learn about each other's community at the same time. Weather could also be a topic especially if you are far enough apart to have different weather. It was hard for my class to understand why we were having freezing rain and the class only 30 miles away had the sun shining. What about a puppet play?
grannyg is offline   Reply With Quote

slooper

Old 02-18-2011, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What if you guys did a Reader's Theater together? Have a culture share about your different areas. Have a writer's sharing conference where students share their own writing and get feedback from the other class. Just a few ideas.
slooper is offline   Reply With Quote

lovemy2girls

Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Super ideas! I just got my web cam and am ready to do something!

lovemy2girls is offline   Reply With Quote