Help

Special Education

Recorded Books

>

hoptech

Recorded Books
Old 01-11-2006, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just received grant monies for Recorder Books (books on tapes) and now have no clue as to which ones to purchase. I am interested in Nonfiction for below-level readers for grades 4-8 who are at 2nd-3rd grade level. I went to recordedbooks.com and they have a ton of books on tape; it only confussed me more. Has anyone else used or heard of anyone who has used books on tape with their students? If so, which ones did you like? Help.......

hoptech is offline   Reply With Quote

SLPWendy

SLPWendy

Recorded Books
Old 01-31-2006, 09:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have you looked at the Start-to-Finish books from Don Johnston? I think it depends on what the goal is here - do you want the students to "jut listen", or also see the text, like on the computer screen? Do you have a membership to the RFBD? (Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic) I'm not sure what membership costs, but it certainly would give you options. Also, have you considered purchasing a scanner and OCR software (like WYNN or Kurzweil, or Premiere Accessibility Suite) so that you could just scan in books and they would be read? Just a few possibilities...