Help

Special Education

2nd year/ new career/ Special Ed 2nd and 4th

>

Sherbie86

2nd year/ new career/ Special Ed 2nd and 4th
Old 09-02-2016, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am new to the whole classroom set up and need to set up 2 resource room areas (the rooms are shared with others to some degree). Looking for ideas for the front and writing area walls and white board area

Sherbie86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

If it were me,
Old 09-02-2016, 03:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think the writing center is the most fun. I used a small "mailbox" type thing with 2 columns and about 5/6 slots on each side. One one side I put a variety of papers--Lined, unlined, different colors and sizes, stationary, post its, and then a "Class Journal." The class journal was basically a composition book that anyone could write in.

On the other side, I put 2-4 small trays with a variety of pens, pencils and thin markers, stickers and stampers. In the last slot or two, I had a lot of resources related to writing--there was thin folder with a mini word wall list/spelling list, punctuation rules, parts of speech, story parts, etc. The other was a small binder of seasonal words with picture prompts.

This was centered at the back of a trapezoid table so there was still room for at least two kids to sit down and work right there.

I don't have any immediate ideas for the other areas but maybe someone else can help there. Good Luck.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote