The VENT

Mimicking holding a rifle

>

Loveandmercy

Mimicking holding a rifle
Old 05-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi ALL,
I am so wiped out - pardon the grammatical errors. I just needed to share that I have a boy in my class, he is 8, he is very disregulated. Today, he pretended he was deliberately aiming a shotgun at my face and he made the sound effect as if he had shot me. We are having a huge meeting about him this week so I am getting help from the higher-ups. He is very bright. Can be delightful one minute but then horrible the next. Has been lashing out and hitting kids. Says mean things. It's gone on to some degree all year but has gotten worse over the past 2 weeks. I just needed to maybe hear what you think of the shotgun thing. It's new. If he does it again I think he should be sent home immediately. I am going to approach the principal with that idea tomorrow. Thanks!

Loveandmercy is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

That should have gone straight to admin.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We had a 7th grader do the same thing. Ten day OSS and couldn't come back until there was a meeting with parents, counselors, and principals.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
WateverH

WateverH

Old 05-01-2019, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Let me guess the regular classroom is the environment least restricted for him. How crazy to put violent kids the rest of the kids. Say that I have no mercy if you want. I say things like I see them. The rest of my kiddos deserve safety.

Clarity

I am guessing someone has done the same
Old 05-01-2019, 06:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

to him or he sees that type of behavior constantly in his family.

He is dangerous. Maybe not today. Sooner or later, he will probably hurt someone.

He should have been sent home immediately the first time.
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 05-01-2019, 07:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My first thought was either oppositional defiance or conduct disorder. He may be parked in front of electronic games at home to keep him settled down.That would be where the gun activity comes in. He may be getting worse due to the school year coming to a close and he is anxious about that. Does he have activities scheduled for the summer?

anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Angelo

Yikes
Old 05-02-2019, 07:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I had an argument about this with a parent once.

Parent: I think things have gone way too far when a child can be suspended from school over a "finger gun."

Me: Whereas I think things have gone way too far when some children have so little respect for teachers and for the learning environment that they think it's okay to mime blowing their teachers and classmates away.
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

Old 05-02-2019, 12:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
He may be getting worse due to the school year coming to a close and he is anxious about that.
This. School is stability for some kids, and the end of the year can scare them.

Not that explanation is excuse, of course! - He should still be sent to the principal immediately, and referred to the school psychologist to tease out whether he is dangerous.
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote