UPDATED Honeywell Educators@ Space Academy

>

HometownSolut

HometownSolut

UPDATED Honeywell Educators@ Space Academy
Old 01-31-2006, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Application Deadline for Space Academy Scholarships Extended

Due to a large volume of last minute requests, Honeywell Hometown Solutions has extended the deadline for scholarship applications to the 2006 Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy program. Middle school science and math teachers now have until February 15, 2006 to apply for the unique educator training program focusing on space science and exploration.

Applications are available online at http://www.honeywell.com/hhs.

Scholarship recipients will learn innovative teaching techniques at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama, and participate in astronaut-style training exercises including a high-performance jet simulation, scenario-based space missions, land and water survival training, and a state-of-the-art flight dynamics programs.

Honeywell’s scholarships cover the following costs:

• Tuition for the program.
• Roundtrip airfare.
• Meals and accommodations.
• Workbooks and program materials.

Honeywell has a long-standing commitment to science and math education and is dedicated to helping teachers inspire the next generation to pursue careers in science, math, engineering and technology.

Justwonder'n

Justwonder'n

Why only Middle or High School Teachers?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I was actually very interested in this trip. I have all the information at home, but doubt I can afford it.

Why can't Elementary teachers receive this scholarship. I teach Space to Third Graders, and I think it would be a great benifit.