Help

BusyBoard

Daily 3 Math Questions

>

SportingKC

Daily 3 Math Questions
Old 12-13-2015, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am going to try to implement daily 3 math after our winter break (which means I need to spend my time setting up groups and pulling together activities now).

My school uses EDM so I have a quick question.

When do the kids complete the journal page? Do they do it with the teacher or during independent work? Or some of both depending on the group & need?

(I've read the past conversations on Daily 3 and didn't see this question answered...although I could have missed it)

SportingKC is offline   Reply With Quote

monarchlover

Math rotations
Old 12-13-2015, 02:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We also have EDM, edition 4 (awful)....anyway, after I teach the lesson, I call my lowest group to the table. We work on the Journal pp together as well as touch base on the lesson. This is for about 20 min. The others are working on an independent skill page I have in a drawer, playing a buddy game I have put out, or computer/Chromebook (Compass learning or Frontrow--sometimes games). The groups rotate between me, independent work, buddy game time and computer. My high group can often zip through the journal pp so we do extensions and other skills as well. I have 90 min for math so it works well.
monarchlover is offline   Reply With Quote

AD

Old 12-13-2015, 03:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Typically the kids that could complete them independently did so as a choice (and there was the option of doing them with a partner). With the kids who were lower we only did it together here and there. I'm not a fan of the journal pages and there was so much more to work on with them anyways.

This year I haven't cracked open the student math journals and I don't miss it one bit. They do math writing in their math folders where I have paper pencil activities that are more worthwhile.
AD is offline   Reply With Quote