Help

BusyBoard

Headphones

>

teachmeifucan

Headphones
Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to order a couple of headphones to have in my classroom in case my student's earbuds break. Can someone recommend a cheap yet good pair and where to order them from? The ones that were handed down to me when I inherited the classroom are really old, so I want to get a couple to have on hand. TIA

teachmeifucan is offline   Reply With Quote

LibbyRWindsor

Ideas
Old 04-25-2017, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If you are looking to purchase headphones as backups, I would suggest checking out local discount stores. A couple of colleagues have had success getting surprisingly decent headphones from dollar store chains and discount stores (such as Dollar Tree, Five Below, 99 Cents Only Stores and the like). One got a local music store (which I know are hard to find in some areas) to donate their listening station sets after they replaced them with newer models. It might not be worth it to you but such requests could make nice Donors Choose projects as well. I am not sure about the supply situation in your school, but might your school or PTA/PTO be willing to buy a few sets for your room? There are other options but these could be worth considering. Best of luck finding something affordable that works for your classroom.
LibbyRWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote

booklady57

Headphones--always a challenge!
Old 04-26-2017, 03:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have at least one chewer in my class this year, and several cords have literally been chewed apart. Nothing lasts up to that challenge! However, I have had pretty good results otherwise with these Caliphone headphones that are designed for kids. Depending on your needs you can buy individually, or in sets of 6 or 12 or more.

https://smile.amazon.com/Califone-28...ids+headphones

Good luck!

(By the way, we are required to use over the ear headphones, and not the earbud type. We also are not allowed to let each kid bring in their own set because the jacks of the school purchased ones were breaking off in the computers.)
booklady57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Pinemeadow

Califone Headphones from School Specialty
Old 04-26-2017, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had good luck this year with Califone Headphones that were ordered from School Specialty. They were pretty sturdy and they have good sound so I ordered a couple more pairs for next year. With the school order, they were only $7.99 each. I think the Califone model is 3068AV. The School Specialty order number is 029009.
Pinemeadow is offline   Reply With Quote