Help

BusyBoard

Schedule

>

rachelmpd

Schedule
Old 12-13-2015, 11:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need ideas for this week. Monday is regular schedule. The rest of the week is crazy. We are trying to finish up "Christmas Around the World."

I would like to make the Applesauce Ornaments, but have never been very successful doing so (I am determined that this is the year they work).

On Friday, we are doing the Polar Express in the morning, but not sure what to do after that as they will be hyped up.

My class has done a lot of projects thanks to "Christmas Around the World" along with two ornaments (had them left from last year and trying to get rid of stuff), but it seems as though every other class is doing presents for parents. Part of me says, we have done plenty, the other part says maybe I should. I can do the tile trivets-inexpensive and quick. At the same time, most of these parents are not supportive-nothing for Halloween party, nothing for Gingerbread homes later this week. What do you think?

rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sleddog

Tags
Old 12-13-2015, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What about making Christmas gift tags? Cut paper to size, hole punch at the top. The kids string yarn or ribbon through the top and then draw a simple holiday drawing on the tag. Send them home prior to the holiday.

I've done a class Christmas poem book. Everyone writes a poems and we copy a poem for everyone. Students decorate their own cover then wrap as a gift. Parents loved it.
Sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 12-15-2015, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You have already sent home 2 ornaments and are worried your not doing enough? You have done plenty.

I too have non supportive families who don't send anything in and this has really limited what we are able to do. These are not low income families, they are just people who feel p, and have said, that a free education means they don't have to buy anything or send in donations so they don't. I decided that given the constrains I'm under I can't afford to keep doing special stuff except every once in a while since I have to have money for my own child too.

If you can pull together something that is free and won't stress you out fine but otherwise you have done a lot and should feel like you don't have to spend more money and time.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 12-15-2015, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I usually stick to a regular schedule as this lends itself well to controlling behavior. One art project will get done and that is in my regular weekly schedule.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

rachelmpd

Thanks
Old 12-15-2015, 09:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I wouldn't have done two ornaments on top of the projects for Christmas Around the world, but I was trying to get rid of stuff.

I decided not to do the Trivets-first time this year I am not doing something the rest of the "Team" is doing. I also stood strong on saying I was going to read the Polar Express to my class, then we would go into the other classroom and watch the movie.

rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote