Help

Visual & Performing Arts

school art show

>

canadarose5

school art show
Old 09-09-2007, 11:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

has anyone attempted a school wide art show of kids' work? i would be interested in hearing how you set it up, requirements, judging, etc. it sounds like my kids would be very into it. thanks!

canadarose5 is offline   Reply With Quote

jenuone

jenuone

art show
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have an art show every spring when we host a talent show. I try to have an artwork displayed for every student (we average grades of about 220 and there are three grades 6,7, and 8th). I also show a variety of artwork that is in the B and A category grade.
The school has purchased display boards that are relatively inexpensive. Last year I used some from one of the elementary schools- that were made of wood-framed ceiling tiles. We have used large sheets of styrofoam put together as a triange with wood skewers. There are lots of ways to show off the work.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

iheartart

elementary art show
Old 10-27-2007, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

i do an art show every year with 1,000 pieces. no judging- every kid has one 2D and one 3D piece each. LOT of parent involvement and lots of fun!!!!
iheartart is offline   Reply With Quote
J.Pierson

J.Pierson

School Art Show
Old 02-26-2008, 11:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I used rolled bulletin board paper, pulled about 6-7 feet long and created banners. One banner per class. Each grade level had a certain color banner. The art work (small-4 1/2 x 6) is attached to black construction paper, then attached to banner. I printed labels on the computer (classroom teachers helped). The art show this year is based on collage inspired by Eric Carle. Each class has an assigned book that the art work is based..for example...one class made caterpillars for The Very Hungry Caterpillar. My older students could create a collage based on any subject matter. The work is displayed for a week with a night time reception. Cookies and juice is served and I use guest books, soft music and some interactive components ( collection of books, puzzles, ...) We construct the banners as the students finish the work. They see their banner, help attach work, etc. I stack the banners up until it is time to hang for the show. It takes about a month to put it all together. I have 600+ students.
karine

karine

art of the world
Old 06-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

world art show.Every grade had a country that they represented.Try to pick countries with at least 2 forms of art:
1st greade:china chinese brush.chinese pottery
2nd grade:native american katchuma masks.Navajo sand painting
3rd : australia:xray painting and dot painting
4thueblo indians storytelling figurines and huichol yarn paainting
5th :africa tribal masks and Adinkra west african stamps of fabrics
or Japan: gyotaku and fish banner ect,,,,

pta printed passeport for guest with visa spaces for all countries represented.

Display is important ,call me for more info.A volunteer in each area who would stamp passport of each countries visited by guest.

I choose 3 volunteer dressed as air hostess to welcome each guest and give passport at the entrance.
The best art show , the theme was kind of ...get on board on Pierpont airline (name of our school)