Help

The VENT

Coup d'ι·tat CoWorker

>

Speced9

Coup d'ι·tat CoWorker
Old 09-30-2016, 11:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey! It's been a long time since I've posted anything, but man, I NEED TO VENT.

Long story, short. We have space issues at my school. I've had my own room for over 30 years. Now, as a resource staff person, I was asked to share my room with a displaced coworker. No biggie I said. This person was coming from a corner spot they shared in a small room to begin with. I was sure what I generously offered would be appreciated.

Now, this isn't a big room to begin with, but I emptied five bookcases and two drawers of a file cabinet for this person to put stuff in. I gave them the additional table as a desk, and the entire magnetic board for their anchor charts. (We have groups in different grade levels). Rest assured, this person is in way better shape than where they came from. I guarantee it.

Here's where I get pissy. This person is obviously not satisfied. They want more, and they take it passive/aggressively. They've moved my family photos off of my file cabinet to put up sentence strip holders. They've moved my anchor charts around numerous times. They've moved my materials around. YES, and all without asking me, or telling me about it.

Today was the last straw. They finally moved the last of my anchor charts off the wall. They happen to be out today, but I put it right back up. We'll be having a conversation on Monday. I'm sure this will lead to a meeting with the principal on how I'm "not welcoming enough".

Ah! I feel better now! Thanks!

Speced9 is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 09-30-2016, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ugh! You have been very welcoming to her and she sounds ungrateful and pushy. I hope your discussion goes well. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
ZipLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 09-30-2016, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

She'll just keep encroaching until she knows the limit....kinda like some students.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote