Help

BusyBoard

Eureka/ engage NY

>

Teddi9192

Eureka/ engage NY
Old 04-12-2017, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you think of this program? Our math curriculum is nonexistent. We have to come up with all our own stuff. They aren't looking to get one for 3 years or so. I am just tired of spending $ and time finding materials. It would be a stand alone year. There is no way I could convince lower grades to try it. We have 80 minute math blocks.

I am very good at modifying and tweeting lessons and figuring out what they need so I'm not worried about "fidelity "

Teddi9192 is offline   Reply With Quote

CatLady2B

We use it.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love it. Everything is online and free...did I mention that it is all free? It is written by teachers still in the classrooms. It has a great fluency component, and the workbook reaches kids at all levels. If you look up Great Minds, and under that find Eureka Math, you can download everything you need for free.

If you like what you see, see if you can talk your district into sending you someplace to get training. The training is really important in order to understand how to present it. If you do not get to attend training, there are also videos of teachers teaching each lesson.

It is truly one-stop shopping. You do not need to pay tpt or anything else if you get the program.
CatLady2B is offline   Reply With Quote

T.A.R.D.I.S

Old 04-12-2017, 05:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My district was piloting it last year. I was hoping they would adopt it. They didn't. If I was still teaching first, I would still be using it.
T.A.R.D.I.S is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 04-12-2017, 07:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use it off and on and really wish I were better about using it more often/faithfully/regularly. I really like it.
eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

PollyCarp

Learning curve but worth it
Old 04-14-2017, 05:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We use it in our district. I've been there since implementation. The learning curve for students, parents and teachers is steep. But then suddenly it all makes sense. And it is the most amazing thing ever. The assessments at primary are a bit developmentally inappropriate in our opinion, but the day to day lessons are wonderful.

PollyCarp is offline   Reply With Quote