Help

BusyBoard

give me a title

>

Mikhail

give me a title
Old 04-13-2017, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Who is liable? In one of the schools I used to work at, the teachers would enter the attendance for the morning and in the afternoon through an automated system. If a student is marked absent, there's an autobot that calls a parent/guardian. This is a service provided by the school district.

Last October, a student did not show up during the afternoon roll and was marked absent. During that time, there was a system failure which made it difficult to send out calls due to a high volume of absences. Unfortunately, one of the students who was absent was rumoured to be abducted. She was on her way back to school when this happened. Of course her legal guardian was upset by the fact that she got the call late through a live person!

It was soon discovered that the student in her teens was apparently not abducted and was trying to ditch school. She was located at a nearby mall. Should the inevitable had happened, is it a school's fault?

Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote