Help

BusyBoard

Picked out my classroom yesterday

>

Zephie

Picked out my classroom yesterday
Old 04-14-2017, 04:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school is changing buildings. The needs of different organizations withing the churchon are changing and shifts need to be made in facilities.

We went over yesterday and looked at all the rooms and made repair lists for the new school building and picked out rooms. We have four classrooms, a small copy room space, a small office, bathrooms for students, a teacher lounge and restroom, and this beautiful glassed in area with bookshelves for a combined library/cafeteria/indoor recess space. That part is not ideal, but we can make it work. We'll still have access to the gym just 30 yards away from us.

I walked into one room and I told my boss, "This one feels like home." She agreed it's the right room for me and I was assigned that one.

K/1 and 2/3 are at the front of the school, close to the restrooms and 4/5 and middle school are at the back of the school. The common space is in the middle, slightly to the side and open to the hallways. (It's really hard to explain the layout.)

The room I'm assigned to is already painted light sky blue and I'm so excited! That's the color I wanted to paint my current room this summer if we didn't decide to change buildings.

I was dreading this when we discussed it last school year. Now I am excited and hopeful.

This is going to be a crazy summer of moving if all the repairs can be made.

Zephie is online now   Reply With Quote