Help

BusyBoard

Bullies

>

rlyndecker

Bullies
Old 04-17-2017, 09:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is my first experience with "real" bullying but one of my students is being bullied big time- she found a message on social message saying "if ____ messes with me. She's going to get her ass dropped by me or _____"
This is all she could see because the students' blocked the daughter from the account.

I want to throw up literally. I knew the girl was having issues with this girl and another but both seem so nice, I never thought it was to this extent!

So now the parent emailed the P & myself and wants a meeting, she is beyond mad!!! and this comes right before testing

I just can't believe it...I know it's 5th grade when drama starts (which is why I didn't want 5th grade!) but this is beyond mean!

rlyndecker is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 04-18-2017, 04:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The parent should be beyond mad. Not only is that bullying, I'd take that as a threat. If I were the parent, I'd go to the police. I certainly hope the P acts accordingly (in IL there's a new law that allows schools to punish even if it's cyber bullying). If the P doesn't, I hope the parent takes it up the chain.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
HermioneG

HermioneG

Empathy to you
Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

my friend. I've taught fifth for over a decade and am quite over it due to all the drama nonsense. Last week I had a boy tell another kid he was going to kill his family. But he was just teasing. Great joke. *sarcasm*

Bigfoot

oh my goodness
Old 04-19-2017, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi Rlyndecker,

I was wondering about you and how you are feeling, I guess you are back at work. Are you feeling better?

Isn't this crazy about your student, it isn't really about school either, but yet you have to get involved, how maddening. Probably a lot of this occurred when you were away and so didn't have to deal with it, I feel for you

Good luck with it.
Bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote