BusyBoard

Cleansing the teaching palate

>

HermioneG

HermioneG

Cleansing the teaching palate
Old 04-18-2017, 08:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It's been a long year with a rough group of kids. I will be starting a new district in a new grade in August. I've taught fifth in the same district for many years and am moving to third grade.

The fresh start excites me! The last few years have left a bad taste in my mouth with teaching. Can anyone suggest some uplifting professional books on teaching or classroom management? I also invite any other suggestions that will help in giving me a personal and professional lift. I just want to be a happy teacher again and embrace this new start to the full extent. Can't wait for summer break!

Munchkins

Angela Watson
Old 04-19-2017, 01:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love her book, "20 Ways to Enjoy Teaching Everyday, No Matter What." I'm 30 years in, and found it very uplifting. I wish I had read it years ago!

Good luck in your new jobs,
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

teach1975

Chicken Soup
Old 04-19-2017, 11:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I keep a copy of Chicken Soup for the Teacher's Soul on my desk! Short, easy read stories that help me when things get rough!! It's many years old, but I still enjoy the stories!
teach1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 04-19-2017, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Maybe Carol Dweck's Mindsets. Focusing on a growth mindset for both you and your students opens up the probability of learning, improving, changing. I recommend a real vacation this summer--go someplace new (or favorite). Have a total break before starting fresh in a new place. Here's hoping it goes really well.
TAOEP is online now   Reply With Quote

WGReading

Heart!
Old 04-19-2017, 05:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I saw Timothy Kanold speak at a PLC Conference about his new book "Heart! Fully Forming Your Professional Life as a Teacher and Leader". I might fit what you are looking for. There aren't a ton of reviews online because it just came out about a month ago, but as a speaker he was engaging and the information he shared seems like a relevant topic for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Profess...Timothy+Kanold

WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote