Help

BusyBoard

What can I do with an Apple TV?

>

Haley23

What can I do with an Apple TV?
Old 08-12-2018, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our smartboards were replaced with Apple TVs. So far all I've seen with our back to school PD is people displaying powerpoints/slideshows on them.

I guess I'm planning to display my learning targets on mine, but what else do you do with it? I'd certainly like to be more "innovative" than basically just using it to replace writing things on my whiteboard.

For context, I teach K-3 sped resource- basic reading, writing, and math skills. If this matters, my K-1 students have i pads and my 2-3 students have chromebooks. I have a macbook and an i pad.

Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

tyrex

Old 08-13-2018, 05:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can "reflect" so that whatever is on your ipad is on the appletv. And you can have your students do the same. So if Johnny did a math problem on his ipad, he can show his ipad screen on the appletv and then explain his thinking. That's the only interesting use of it that I know.
tyrex is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-22-2018, 08:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use mine all the time to mirror what's on my ipad, computer, or phone. I also use it for music, go noodle, youtube, and there are a ton of other apps to be found.

I don't think you can mirror from a chromebook.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 08-25-2018, 09:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yeah, I know about the mirroring. That's how I was planning to display my learning targets. I don't really use videos- students aren't with me long enough for brain breaks, and we have brainpop but I haven't found a good use for it in my current position. I used to use it to introduce science and social studies concepts when I taught gen ed.

With the smart board I would sometimes display graphic organizers or sentences and I or the students could come up on write on it. I guess I'm not seeing the usefulness of just displaying something that you can't interact with at all.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

tyrex

Old 08-26-2018, 04:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Do you have the Notability app? It has been a while since I've had an iPad but that is tbe app we used for students to mirror their iPad. It lets you write on and annotate documents (just save anything to a pdf) or lets you open a blank document and type or use your finger to write or make graphic organizers or whatever. So it gives you sone SmartBoard type capabilities. You could easily display a graphic organizer on it by getting the organizer to your students via Google Classroom. Then mirror to your student's iPad, and have your student write on her iPad.

tyrex is offline   Reply With Quote