Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Does Anyone Have This Model

>

Ratchada

Does Anyone Have This Model
Old 10-09-2009, 02:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am the Title 1 reading teacher and 3/4 of my salary is paid by Title 1. I have always had the students on my caseload designated as Title 1. Our other reading teacher (not paid by Title 1) sees the other (district reading) reading students. This year we were told to make all reading students Title 1. The other teacher is upset. She has been doing this a long time and is worried that this is against regulations. She claims that only the Title 1 teacher can see Title 1 students. We have been told anyone can service Title 1 kids. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Am I the only one able to pull the Title kids or is she able to pull and work with them as well? Thanks.

Ratchada is offline   Reply With Quote

Prissytusssy

Old 10-10-2009, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

These are the guidelines in our district. If you are a TA(targeted assistance) school, Title teachers can only work with and pull identified students. Schoolwide teachers can work with any student. I thought these were federal regulations. All of our salary comes from Title funds.
Prissytusssy is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

my interpretation
Old 10-10-2009, 05:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Twice a year I had to sign a paper saying that 100% of my time was spent on duties for Title I. I was paid by Title I 100%. You must serve Title I students, but that doesn't mean students must be seen only by you. If they are being served by the other teacher, that's great.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

Susan/IN

Old 10-11-2009, 07:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We are a targeted assisted school, which means we have identified students who receive Title I assistance. Because most of my work is done in the classroom, I seldom get a chance to work with these children other than when I am in the room assisting the teacher with her core instruction. Some teachers are having me do small group reading which is great, but I have been asked by administrators and teachers alike to "bend" the rules and take other students. I am uncomfortable with this so I don't include these names on any paper work. However, other school staff members see these children as well: their RtI teachers (I'm not involved in that this year, although not sure why), and occasionally our resource teacher.
Susan/IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Ratchada

Old 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks, everyone. I think what you are all saying is that the Title 1 teacher must see Title 1 students, but if there are more than he/she can service the other reading teacher or other personnel could service them. The only restrictions is that the Title 1 person see Title 1 students. In my case that is 75% of my day.

Ratchada is offline   Reply With Quote

pmpkin2

Old 11-14-2009, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

In my district, anyone can work with Title I students. Your teaching certification is not different and it is not necessary to have a different certification to work with Title I. The Title I differences usually involve $ and how it is being spent. Our Title I students cannot get special education services-that is considered "double-dipping" .
pmpkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote