Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Scheduling

>

khenson

Scheduling
Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Monday we are starting back to school after Christmas break. I will be meeting with 3-6 grade teachers to schedule times for me to be in their classrooms during math instruction. I realize that many of these teachers have math instruction at the same time, so obviously that poses a problem. Does anyone have any scheduling suggestions?
Also, should I request textbook curriculum for each grade level and lesson plans so that I know what each teacher is working on before I get into class that way I know what to expect? I just think this will be a tremendous help and I can build extra lessons based on the lesson plans the teacher has given me.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Kathleen

khenson is offline   Reply With Quote

bluesasha19

Scheduling
Old 01-03-2010, 05:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

seems to always be a nighmare to me. Request those lesson plans and know where each teacher is at, that is the only way you can be effective, especially if you are like me and have very little planning times that correspons, because I am working with another grade level. Good luck!
bluesasha19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Susan/IN

Old 01-03-2010, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It would be great if you could meet with all the teachers at once, or at least all the same grade level. Hopefully, the teachers will be glad to have the help and so maybe they will be willing to change up their schedules. Perhaps some teachers would like your assistance before they are actually intructing; some may prefer to have you after their instruction to help students get started and a few might actually want to team teach. If none of that works, then I fall back showing the teachers my openings (be sure to put your lunch and a prep time on your schedule), tell them to give me a first and second choice, and I will honor their choices first come-first serve.

I would definitely request teacher manuals. Most of the time I have been able to get them, but not always. Then I would request that they be ordered from Title I funds. Check to see what your district ordered for the classrooms, then see if there are supplemental materials that go along with your math series that could be ordered with Title I funds.
Susan/IN is offline   Reply With Quote