Help

Fourth Grade

Planners/Agendas

>

Purica

Planners/Agendas
Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school has ordered student planners for the last 5 years. We got the new planners today and they turned out to be calendars!! I am very upset. My students use these daily to keep track of their homework, missing work, etc. I also communicate with parents this way, so there goes that. How do you keep your kids organized without planners?

Purica is offline   Reply With Quote

Amanda_09

Calendars as planners
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Could you still do the same thing with the calendars that you did with the planners? I printed out a blank calendar for my students last year and that's how they kept track of their homework/assignments. It took a little more set-up and modeling because the subject areas weren't already pre-listed, but it worked.
Amanda_09 is offline   Reply With Quote

liesek4

Creating an Agenda
Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I realize it requires more paper, but if possible, how about making up your own homework page, or even copying one from one of the agendas from past years. I had the same issue when I went back to teaching. I had a copy of an agenda page from my school where I taught several years back. I made several copies (and I mean that!), made and laminated cute covers for them, and created agendas for my students.

You could use the calendar books for notes with parents, and even teach the kids to write other important events in them.
liesek4 is offline   Reply With Quote