Help

Kindergarten

Listen to reading--options?

>

teacher_35

Listen to reading--options?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have tapes and cassettes but kids are having a hard time. Any other suggestions? I do have 5 ipads I can use.

Help please!

teacher_35 is offline   Reply With Quote

bethybear

Old 10-24-2012, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have an old television that I hooked up an old dvd player. The TV had a jack for headphones. Our library had one of the boxes that hook to a cassette player that would plug in 4 to 6 head phones. Scholastic books have a box of DVDs that is 100 children's books classics. The kids turn on the TV and press the okay button and can listen to the stories and see them on the TV.

I also let the children do Starfall on the computer at this time. Though we only have two computers in our rooms.
bethybear is offline   Reply With Quote

bethybear

Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Pardon the grammatical errors in the above post. I forgot to proof it before I hit post.
bethybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Texas ice-mom

Listening center
Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You can transfer the tapes to iTunes and then upload them to iPods or iPads via iTunes. My husband set my computer up but it was only a couple of cables from radio shack and a tape player. Also have you tried storks from scholastic. Check it out. You get free books for signing up and then you can buy books. Yes I did buy some but I was going to spend $ on a few new books anyway.
Texas ice-mom is offline   Reply With Quote

lw1212

Old 10-25-2012, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have a couple of options you might like: I use individual CD players that I bought from Office Depot. They are pretty durable; I've used them for over two years so far. Scholastic offers many book/CD combos.

I also just bought a "splitter" (for lack of a better word) from Radio Shack that I use with my iPad. It plugs in where the headphones go to allow two children to listen at one time instead of one. It was cheap-under $10.

On the iPad, I use Storia, which I downloaded for free from Scholastic. You can then purchase ebooks from Scholastic. With your free Storia download, they offer 5 free ebooks.

My kiddos love Listen to Reading. I hope these ideas help you.

lw1212 is offline   Reply With Quote