Help

The Job Search

This must be...

>

AngieSki

This must be...
Old 07-25-2013, 12:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

...rejection day. Feels more like rejection week.

Well, I got excited when a school I'm really well known at had a position open. I talked to the secretary, emailed the principal, and visited the school. No contact. The job is still posted so I'm still hopeful.

I applied for two positions that were posted today at two more schools, contacted principals, both "positions have been filled." HOW? They were just posted less than 24 hours ago?! Well, of course they already knew who they were going to hire and only posted the positions because they have to.

When I saw that I felt the rest of my hope escape my body. I totally feel so unhappy, useless, and hopeless. I'm still trying to stay positive, but it is getting so very hard.

AngieSki is offline   Reply With Quote

Englishmama

Wow....they said that?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They actually said the position had already been filled?! Well, at least you won't waste your time hoping for those.

However, the 1st school you mentioned sounds hopeful! I'm sure they're just waiting for the "close date" on the job listing before going through all the applications. They probably get a ton of calls/emails from applicants.
Maybe a day or 2 after it's taken off the site, you could try to contact the school again?

Good lucK!
Englishmama is offline   Reply With Quote

NewbieTeach13

Old 07-25-2013, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am starting to lose hope too! I graduated in December so I have been hoping for a job for awhile now! I really don't want to return to subbing this school year but looks like I'll have to if I don't get hired soon.

School starts here August 19 but all new teachers have to attend a new teacher orientation on the 9th. That's so soon and I'm scared I won't have a job by then!

However, I just applied for two jobs early this week so I'm hoping something comes from those.

Fingers crossed for you!
NewbieTeach13 is offline   Reply With Quote

kitty97

How about composing a quick
Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you note/email? This would stand out from the crowd and keep your name in the P's head. Just something like thank you for the opportunity to interview. I enjoyed our conversations and look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Even if you don't get a position, send a thank you note/email and let them know that you'd still be interested in a position should one become available....can't hurt! Good luck!
kitty97 is offline   Reply With Quote

AngieSki

Old 07-26-2013, 12:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks everyone for the replies!

EnglishMama, I know that that principal has already started interviewing and I haven't gotten a response yet, but I will follow up next week (they are closed on Fridays in the summer).

NewbieTeach13, our new teachers reported on the 24th and school starts the 7th here. I know what you mean by being scared that we're cutting it close. Fingers crossed for you too!

kitty97, I usually do send thank you notes after interviews...but I haven't even gotten one yet But we think alike because I always thank the Ps for their time when they tell me a position has been filled and to keep me in mind for any teaching and long term sub positions.

Thanks everyone for you feedback!

RedStripey

Old 07-28-2013, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
I applied for two positions that were posted today at two more schools, contacted principals, both "positions have been filled." HOW? They were just posted less than 24 hours ago?!
A few weeks ago I STARTED (didn't even finish) an application for a position and was planning on finishing it the next morning. The next day, I got an automated email from Applitrack saying that the position was filled internally... I wish schools didn't ~have~ to post jobs when they already know who they are going to hire, it would save me a lot of time, money, and expensive paper...
RedStripey is offline   Reply With Quote

AngieSki

Old 07-29-2013, 07:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

RedStripey,

You took the words right out of my mouth. It is REALLY frustrating. And school starts next Wednesday.

I know that things still may change and something still may open up. But I'm going to be honest: I'm losing hope.

FLTCHR08

Keep your hopes up
Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I graduated In December 2008, interviewed for jobs, and was hired the day before school began in 2009! Don't lose hope yet.
FLTCHR08 is offline   Reply With Quote

AngieSki

Old 08-03-2013, 05:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm trying not to. The job at the school I'm very familiar with was reposted. I emailed the principal again, but still no answer. I will go to the school again on Monday, but I know they are busy with pre-planning (school starts this Wednesday). I just hope I get to talk to her.