ARCHIVE

Need help with guided reading

>

NancyLee

Need help with guided reading
Old 01-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi Everyone,
I am going to be doing guided reading with 3rd grade starting next week. I have only done guided reading with Gr 1 and a bit of Gr 2. Can anyone give me an idea of what your guided reading lessons look like? I'm not sure since the books are longer and everything, I don't know how to proceed. I have also been told that they need to be reading more nonfiction. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks a bunch!!
Nancy Lee

NancyLee is offline   Reply With Quote

3rdgrade

books
Old 01-18-2008, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do you have books that go along with your curriculum? We have books that correspond with the main story that we are reading for the week. We have a high, middle, low, and ELL books. I know that I do my guided reading different from the other 3rd grade teachers in my building. I meet with each group, introduce vocab, predictions, whisper read, relate the story to their lives, and then discuss comprehension quetsions. I then have them work indep. on their worksheets that go along with the skill for the week (story map, etc). I have my low kids stay at the back table with me, so I can guide them through the worksheets!
3rdgrade is offline   Reply With Quote