Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Clearwater FL Hotels

>

Kyteachmath

Clearwater FL Hotels
Old 01-04-2020, 12:08 PM

We are wanting to go to Busch Gardens in Tampa for summer vacation but would like to stay on the beach. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay? I've been told Clearwater is the closest but am open for suggestions.
We want to stay at a hotel where we can walk straight out to the beach and play in the water.

Kyteachmath is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 01-04-2020, 12:22 PM

We havenít been there in about ten years but we stayed at a Hilton right on the beach. If I remember correctly, there were two Hiltonís. One was a resort and one was a hotel, but both were on the beach.
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

labsrock

Old 01-04-2020, 01:20 PM

We personally like St. Pete Beach better. Itís about the same amount of time from the airport but in our opinion less commercial than Clearwater. Itís a little south of Tampa but it has the most beautiful beaches and we were able to find cheaper accommodations there than in Clearwater. It was an easy drive to Busch Gardens from there too. To us Clearwater was over run with people and the beaches were more crowded when we stayed there. The aquarium in Clearwater is nice though (it is the one from the Dolphin Tale movies). We did that as a day trip from St. Pete beach and it also was an easy drive up the coast. We made several fun stops along the way.
labsrock is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Clearwater Beach...
Old 01-04-2020, 02:09 PM

We stayed at a budget hotel with a small, private beach called The Gulfview. A nice-looking Hampton inn was going up next to it when we were there. The beach was small, but advertised as private. We were able to walk to the main beach, which had cabanas and chairs for rent. We also could walk to the sunset celebration. If you go to this area and have time, I highly recommend a day trip to Caladesi Island. It is by ferry through the Florida state park system and not far from Clearwater Beach. The beach there was uncrowded, clean, lots of shells and we saw dolphins on the way over. They also have a nature trail and concession to rent chairs and get food or souvenirs.

Enjoy planning your trip. I second the aquarium if you have time. We were able to take a boat ride with a naturalist through the aquarium. There also is a second aquarium building dedicated to the Dolphin Tale movie along with other exhibits.
NJ Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 01-04-2020, 02:11 PM

I liked St. Pete too.

md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

royals

Clearwater Beach Hotels
Old 01-04-2020, 04:25 PM

There are a lot of great hotels on Clearwater beach. Some of the nicest ones include the Wyndham Grand, Opal Sands and the Hyatt Regency. There are also lots of smaller hotels. If you decide to go to St. Pete Beach there is a nice smaller hotel called the PostCard Inn. Hope that helps. I live in this area if you have any other questions.
royals is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

Indian Shores
Old 01-05-2020, 08:59 AM

My DH and I rented a condo in Indian Shores in April . We were across the street from the beach . It was an enjoyable place. We live on the Atlantic and love the gulf. We seemed to be near Clearwater, Tampa and St Pete. The Tampa Airport was awesome!
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Kyteachmath

Thank you!
Old 01-05-2020, 09:23 AM

I will definitely be looking at St. Pete Beach.
Kyteachmath is offline   Reply With Quote