Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I ordered groceries online to pick-up.

>

linda2671

I ordered groceries online to pick-up.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:41 PM

I can't pick them up until Sunday. For those of you who have done curbside pickup of groceries, how long do you have to wait to pick them up?

linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

OrganizedPup

Old 04-14-2020, 12:48 PM

Like how long do I wait when you actually get to the grocery store to pick them up?

Well, I've not done pickup since we've been in quarantine but BQ (before quarantine ), I'd wait no more than 10 minutes for them to come out with my groceries. They only open up so many pickup slots for each time range. It all depends on how many people are picking up at the same time.

Now if you mean, how many days out. Depending on what time I got online to create my list, I could generally do it for the same day. Not a chance now. All the stores around me are like a week out.
OrganizedPup is offline   Reply With Quote

dutchgirl

Old 04-14-2020, 12:52 PM

Before Quarantine, I could pick up the next day. Now, it may be 4-5 days after placing the order. They usually come out within 5 minutes (small town, only 3 parking spots for pickup)
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Curbside and home delivery
Old 04-14-2020, 12:57 PM

started taking two weeks. Then longer, so now they will only offer one week's worth of time slots at a time. They open them up periodically throughout the day but often when you check there are none. Worried I may have to go to the store next time as I can't seem to get a slot. I know they are doing the best they can.

Now you can change locations. If I want to drive 40 miles I can pick up sooner. Not a great option but at least it is something.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Old 04-14-2020, 01:00 PM

Here's my word of caution: Check that you received everything before driving home.

My DIL picked up my groceries for me last week since I couldnít drive yet. She was not given all my frozen foods and had to make a second trip to get them.

arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 04-14-2020, 01:01 PM

I haven't done in over a week, but I've learned to check first thing in the morning. Sometimes they will have slots randomly open then. If I try to place an order in the afternoon or evening, it is usually several days out before there is a slot listed.
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 04-14-2020, 01:05 PM

The first time I ordered it took 5 days. I just picked up my second order today and it only took three days. I really liked doing it this way. They called me about an hour before my pick up time to ask about some substitutions.
My one suggestion is even if you have to wait an extra day, try to take a daytime appointment. My first appointment was not until 7 pm and they were out of some of the produce that I wanted. Today I had a 2 pm appointment and there was only one thing I couldnít get.
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

gradymidget

Old 04-14-2020, 01:20 PM

I placed an order from Aldiís last Thursday night and selected a Saturday morning delivery. My delivery came right on time. I did not have to go pick it up. Delivery charge was $4. There was also a surcharge of $3. So well worth it. I didnít realize that Aldiís uses Instacart until my shopper told me. I would highly recommend it. From what I understand using Shipt takes forever to place an order and longer for delivery. We also placed a Target order...no refrigerated food though. Our order was ready within an hour. I placed that order first thing in the morning. Not sure if it is our location or if we were just lucky. We live in a city of 50,000 people.
gradymidget is online now   Reply With Quote

TeacherMeg

Old 04-14-2020, 01:21 PM

Yesterday morning, I was able to get a 6:00pm grocery pick up time for tonight. I've had better luck recently when I've checked early in the mornings. They seem to open up a few extra spots each morning. Last week when I checked in the afternoon, the first available pick up time was about 3 days out. Before quarantine, I could almost always get a same day time for pickup.
TeacherMeg is offline   Reply With Quote

LazyLake

Old 04-14-2020, 01:24 PM

There is about a 4-5 day wait here.
I also stay 1-2 weeks ahead of my present needs when make my orders. I sit down and plan my dinners for about 10 days into the future, and then make my needed list.

I will go ahead and place my order early to secure a spot. I usually go back and modify/add on items to my list. My store does allow that, but some other stores do not.

If you are asking about how you wait once you get to the store, if varies. If I have an assigned 9-10 am pickup time, I plan to get there right at 9.
I've never had to wait long. Even with a wait, curbside is much faster and safer than entering a grocery store at this point.

As a matter of fact, I plan to continue curbside. It's free now. Even if I have to pay a fee later, I think I will come out cheaper than entering a store where I might be tempted to buy more than what is on my list. Grocery bills are so much lower since curbside was started!!

LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 04-14-2020, 01:33 PM

If you're given a pick-up date several days ahead, don't place the order until after midnight. You'll often get a pick-up date much closer to the date you placed the order. We've tried this several times and it works like a charm. Our first online grocery order had a pick-up date five days in the future. Our last online pick-up order was filled in two days because we placed it after midnight.

We get a text notifying us when the order is ready and text the store when we're in the parking lot. They bring it right out and put it in the trunk. We leave a tip in the trunk for the employee. No contact. No hassle.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

read2day

Old 04-14-2020, 02:14 PM

The store I shop at sends a text when my order is ready. I then have to click on a link when I am 5 minutes away and another link when I get there. It is usually just a few minutes before someone brings my groceries to my car and loads them in the back.
read2day is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

I have not doen curb side pick up
Old 04-14-2020, 02:15 PM

It used to be place order in the morning, pick up in the afternoon. Now it is put your choices in your virtual basket and try to find a slot for a day/time to pick up. It is now a two week wait and even then it seems like you have to keep checking for someone to decide to delete their order and go to the store instead, so someone can get that deleted spot.

I just go as soon as the time the store opens for seniors.
I have gone once 2 weeks ago and plan to go again in about 3 weeks.
chipmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 04-14-2020, 02:20 PM

Five to seven days is the current wait time for ecart around my neighborhood. Before the quarantine, I could pick up within two hours.

Instacart is a bit faster here. This is the service that brings it to your home. I can get things delivered within two days. The app allows you to converse with the shopper and approve any exchanges while he/she is shopping for you.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 04-14-2020, 02:41 PM

Two days here in southeast Iowa. We have 1 Aldi's that delivers, not sure about their time line, 2 Hy-vees with pick up and 1 Wal-Mart between a lot of several small towns. I believe it was same day pick up before Coronavirus though.
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

luvmycat

Next available
Old 04-14-2020, 02:45 PM

I just checked and the next available is in 6 days. Unfortunately, today they let you choose from what they have on hand at this moment. I couldnít even try to get things that werenít currently in the store in the hopes that 6 days from now it may be available. I will open a cart and start filling it and declare a date when it is about 10 days from now. If I choose the date today, I wonít be able to edit my order.

My pick up today did not have Brussels sprouts, sour cream, Hawaiian rolls, oranges, or prunes.

And yes, defeating the whole purpose of not having contact or getting out of your car, I didnít check and half my order was missing and I had to go back.

The 2 stores that I have used donít allow for editing either which makes it difficult to add.
luvmycat is online now   Reply With Quote

tatapatch

Old 04-14-2020, 03:23 PM

In my small town, before Corona, I could get them next day. Now, I have to make the "appointment" 5-7 days in advance. I pretty much start another order as soon as I pick up one.

Once I get there, it may take 5 mins for them to bring the groceries out.
tatapatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 04-14-2020, 03:33 PM

I’ve been able to do Target Drive-Up orders and get them within 2 hours.

I’ve used Shipt for refrigerated/frozen items and am able to get a delivery within an hour of placing my order. I live in a large area, near a college, so I think there are just a lot of drivers available especially now. I prefer Shipt to Instacart because since it’s owned by Target there is no upcharge for a Target shop. All other stores on Shipt have a large upcharge, as does Instacart.
Lilbitkm is offline   Reply With Quote

Paddlegurl

Old 04-14-2020, 03:35 PM

We only have one store here that does curbside pickup. In the previous world I could usually get a same day pickup.

I got groceries last Wednesday (I had to go to another store to get some allergy friendly stuff only available there.) I decided it was so stressful I was not going in person again and booked a pickup that night. This coming Friday was the next slot available.
Paddlegurl is offline   Reply With Quote

love_to_learn

Old 04-14-2020, 05:18 PM

5-7 days out for store pickup here. Normally it was same day.

Instacart delivery is much better and we can get that 0-2 days out.
love_to_learn is offline   Reply With Quote

Alaska35

Wal-Mart
Old 04-15-2020, 02:11 AM

pick up. We ordered groceries last Thursday and the first time slot was the following Sunday 4-5. We changed the pickup time to Monday at 9. This was our first time to use Wal-Mart pick up.
Alaska35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

curbside
Old 04-15-2020, 02:26 AM

Walmart is about 4-7 days til you get a slot. But if you also mean when you get there at the store. I've been waiting about 20 minutes before they load the car. They are super busy! I have a pick up for tonight that I placed on Saturday.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote