Help

The VENT

Quite the Quandary

>

SweetSugary

Quite the Quandary
Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Some school districts are doing a hybrid model with in school instruction(half day)and remote learning. And then have special education kids in self contained classrooms come to school everyday for a full day. How are special ed kids going to wear a mask all day and then some won’t wear one at all. It just doesn’t seem safe to group everyone together when there are various disabilities. In general it doesn’t seem safe for anyone to be in school with no vaccine.

SweetSugary is offline   Reply With Quote

Singvogel

decision-makers don't know...
Old 07-25-2020, 06:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

SPED is such a complicated issue. I'm sure that parents want the experts (or daycare) for their special needs kids.

I'd bet that most of the decision-makers wouldn't last 15 minutes trying to help a special needs population even just be orderly, forget about learning.
Singvogel is offline   Reply With Quote

whatever

I was reading a similar thread
Old 07-26-2020, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

recently and hadn't posted on it yet. (Maybe started by Checkerjane?) Apparently many districts are opting for this model. I can see that happening at my school.

Truthfully, I can see both sides.

I know that remote learning was a bust for many of the students last year. We were only told to maintain and reinforce present skills with no lessons introducing new material. Even at that, it was difficult to impossible to provide meaningful content and/or monitor what was actually occurring.

As long as my students are healthy and I have the room, I am willing to try. I don't think they should stay all day if the others are not but...that's just me...
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote