Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Saturday Survey:)

>

Mhiag

Saturday Survey:)
Old 07-25-2020, 02:03 AM

1.) How many times have you painted your home since you've lived there?
2.) What changes have you made to your home since you've lived there?
3.) Is this summer going fast or slow for you?
4.) Is there any current TV show or movie that you really like?
5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place?

Mhiag is offline   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 07-25-2020, 03:05 AM

1. We've been here 28 years. The exterior is sided but we've painted the porch 4 or 5 times and the inside less than that. It's in need of a fresh coat of paint.

2. Not many besides stripping wallpaper and painting walls - our finances went towards vacations and Catholic school and college tuition. BUT! We are finally replacing the 1970s harvest gold kitchen floor in August.

3. It's hard to tell! Now that back to school is looming, the days are going faster.

4. No current shows come to mind. I've been watching the Zac Effron Down to Earth show and the Indian Matchmaking show and a LOT of Youtube videos about digital interactive notebooks.

5. We like to order from different places to try them out. We have a lot of great pizza places in our community.
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

SAt Survey
Old 07-25-2020, 03:24 AM

We have siding now. But the porch has been painted many times. We've been here 42 years.
2.) What changes have you made to your home since you've lived there? Siding, addition, rearranged the floor plan, added 4 car garage and other outbuildings too.
3.) Is this summer going fast or slow for you? Fairly well paced, not too fast or slow this time!
4.) Is there any current TV show or movie that you really like? I'm watching Rita on Netflix.
5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place? We have about 3 pizza places but rely on one more than others. Takeout from many places since Covid-many restaurants switched to takeout.
Linda/OH is online now   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 07-25-2020, 03:53 AM

1. Brick exterior but the trim is probably going to get a new coat soon. I've been in my house 12 years. It was a new build.

2. I remodeled one of the bedrooms into a sewing studio - I had that in mind when I designed the house so that closet was already extra large and now it has built-in shelves and drawers. One wall is now a design wall and the lighting is like turning on the sun! (Not to worry, fellow crafters, I checked and made sure it is the correct color and Lumin etc!)

3. I don't know. It's just going.

4. Genetic Detective is interesting to me. My mom was very involved in genealogy and traced our family back to the Mayflower. To see this lady use her skills to solve crimes is cool!

5. We have one pizza place in our town and it's good but I order pizza very seldom. The next town over has a really great TexMex place and I order from there when I go to that town which is when I go buy groceries - maybe once or twice a month. They have curbside pickup which is nice.
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Old 07-25-2020, 04:10 AM

1. 34 years: Painted 3 times then sided 2 years ago
2.) new roof, new furnace/AC, relined sewer line to city hook up, removed wallpaper in all rooms, added indoor paint, painted kitchen cabinets/wainscoting, new flooring in kitchen-hall-bathroom, redid bathroom down to studs.
3.) doesn't seem like summer-still staying in
4.) waiting for Virgin River season 2 on Netflix
5.) Same place on cheap day Mon-Tues-or Wed

mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 07-25-2020, 04:27 AM

1. Twice-once when we bought the house and then we repainted everything when we remodeled it. Weíve been in this house almost 7 years.

2. We changed literally everything! There is not much remaining that was original to the home except the windows in our living and dining room. We even changed the layout and swapped the kitchen and dining rooms.

3. Slow...thanks Coronavirus.

4. Not really

5. No, there are lots of great restaurants by me.
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

owl98

Old 07-25-2020, 04:32 AM

We have lived here just under three years. We have siding In good condition, but have painted the deck every single year. We have painted almost every interior room. I want to paint the basement walls, but the task seems overwhelming.

2.) What changes have you made to your home since you've lived there? Light fixtures, new sink, lots of landscaping. I still would like to put hardwood throughout, epoxy the garage floor, paint the main room, update cabinets and re-tile the bathroom. It will take years to finish.

3.) Is this summer going fast or slow for you? Way too slow. Iím used to prepping for the next school year, but this year it seems like it might be a waste of time as we arenít sure what it will look like yet.

4.) Is there any current TV show or movie that you really like? I am currently watching Kath and Kim on Netflix.

5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place? DS loves a local place. We have a take out pizza place on just about every corner and I like to try different places.
owl98 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 07-25-2020, 05:31 AM

1. Painted entire interior 1x in the 2 years Iíve been here. Fortunately for me, since itís a condo, someone else gets to worry about painting the outside.

2. Gutted & renovated kitchen and master bath. All new windows, light fixtures, floors, paint.

3. Summer is speeding by. I love summer.

4. Not current, but I loved Broadchurch and am enjoying Renovation Island.

5. I donít eat pizza. I miss it occasionally.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 07-25-2020, 05:40 AM

1. Exterior has vinyl siding, but every room has been repainted at least once, including the basement. We paint the deck every year or so. We have lived in our home for 20 years.

2. New flooring in every room except the bedrooms, new countertops and appliances in kitchen, lighting changes, new furnace/AC, installed walk in shower, sauna, lots of landscaping......There is still a lot more I would like to do

3.Day to day it seems to be going fast except when I think about June that seems so long ago. ( if that makes sense)

4. Not that I can think of.

5. As hard as it may be to believe we have only ordered take out a handful of times and it was from the same place.
Cat woman is online now   Reply With Quote

Paddlegurl

Old 07-25-2020, 06:04 AM

1. The exterior is brick and siding, so none. I have painted the fence and will do the deck next summer. Inside all but the kitchen and mudroom have been painted once since we've lived here (living room, bathroom, hall and 3 bedrooms)

2. Added a shower to the main bathroom (who renovates a bathroom to have a tub but no shower?) Turned the open concept office/playroom back into a bedroom.

3. Too fast - my maternity leave is ticking away.

4. I'm not watching anything that's on currently but am excited to start the Babysitter's club

5. Generally, yes

Paddlegurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tori58

Old 07-25-2020, 06:14 AM

1. I've had the exterior painted once. I've done some touchups but it's coming due for fresh paint.

2. Complete bathroom remodel, new windows, new furnace, new waterheater, stripped wallpaper and repainted kitchen. Outside the bathroom, which was in rough shape, I'm more about practical changes than endless redecorating.

3. Slow

4. Not right now. I think I've watched too much TV in recent months and become jaded.

5. I rarely eat pizza or take-out. I've never been particularly impressed with the restaurants in my community.
Tori58 is online now   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 07-25-2020, 06:19 AM

We did nothing for the first 13 years we lived there. The only reason we remodeled it last summer is because we were going to try and sell it and move. We couldnít sell it and now are living in a remodeled home.

See above. Painted and remodeled it once in the past 14 years.

It seems to be going fast with school looming.

I watch the baking championships from the food network on Amazon. The only new tv shows I like are the Bachelor, Project Runway, The Profit, Shark Tank, and Long Lost Family. Only the Bachelor has had new shows lately and they are a compilation of reruns.

5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place?
I donít eat pizza anymore with my strict diet, but we used to order from Dominos all the time at my husbandís insistence because they had a coupon deal. As time went on, the pizza started to taste more and more terrible and I begged my husband to try something else. Now it is just chicken and salad for me.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 07-25-2020, 06:21 AM

Did one room at a time. Most rooms have been painted twice by now. Due for a repaint.

I added French doors from the family room to the backyard. New carpeting. Redid shower in master bath. Added bleachers to the basketball court. Remodeled kitchen. New fencing. Built a wall of storage cabinets in the garage.

Going slow but I never know what day it is.

I tried the genetic detective show but couldn't get interested. I don't know of any other current shows. Watching lots of reruns and old movies.

Two different places depending on whether I want gourmet or cheap.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 07-25-2020, 07:19 AM

once on the outside, twice on the inside
renovated both bathrooms, renovated kitchen, new doors and windows
Summer always goes fast
Man and I watched The Walk on Amazon Prime. It was great!
We're trying to support local businesses so we try to order from a different place every time
GreenBunny is online now   Reply With Quote

puzzle1mom

Old 07-25-2020, 07:24 AM

1. None (outside) and we are actually looking in to having it done soon. We have painted almost every interior room.

2. Lots of painting inside and we also totally overhauled the back patio/pool area. We added pavers and removed the broken screen around the patio area. We also had hurricane windows installed (we're in South Florida).

3. It was going slow, but with school approaching, it's now going fast!

4. I have been watching Monk on Amazon Prime. I never watched it when it was actually on the air. I LOVE it!!!

5. No - we have 3 or 4 places we choose from. They are all local businesses.
puzzle1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Czechgirl

Survey
Old 07-25-2020, 07:25 AM

1.) How many times have you painted your home since you've lived there? once

2.) What changes have you made to your home since you've lived there? tiled flooring, paved driveway, refenced certain parts of the land, added a swimming pool

3.) Is this summer going fast or slow for you? June was slow. July has been fast.

4.) Is there any current TV show or movie that you really like? Schittís Creek

5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place? Itís either Woody Creekís Barbeque or Chic-Fil-A
Czechgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Old 07-25-2020, 07:28 AM

1.) How many times have you painted your home since you've lived there?I have an apartment, so I haven't painted at all.
2.) What changes have you made to your home since you've lived there? I never really move around furniture once I'm moved in, but I do hang up new pieces of art/pictures, etc. at times.
3.) Is this summer going fast or slow for you? Always fast!
4.) Is there any current TV show or movie that you really like? Not really. I was really into Shameless during Quarantine and finished seasons 1-10. I can't wait for season 11, but other than that, I'm not really watching a show at the moment.
5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place? No, there are a lot of places I like, so it really does depend on my mood. However, I tend to have a particular order at each restaurant.
Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Singvogel

Old 07-25-2020, 07:43 AM

I think three for the walls. We just did the cabinets. We live in a loft that we bought about 15 years ago. We're original owners. So, we can only paint the interior.

Paint, kitchen backsplash, microwave (died), refrigerator (built-in), added sound system with cords run in walls and conduits on ceiling (exposed concrete), glass shelves for glass art and DAW (digital audio workstation) desk, general furniture redecorating

Way too fast!

I'm really excited for the return of The Alienist. DH and I have been going through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Netflix. We also watch LOTS of reruns on HGTV and DIY.

I have several food allergies, so take-out is limited. That makes it always the same few places.
Singvogel is online now   Reply With Quote

juliet4

22 years
Old 07-25-2020, 07:48 AM

1. Many times. Just repainted the entire downstairs including ceilings and trim. Love the colors!
2. Installed a gas fireplace. Put in central air conditioning. Put in a new patio. Replaced chimney. Put in a navigable hot water heater. Replaced countertops and backsplash. All new stainless appliances in kitchen. Redid all wood floors.
3. Slow!!!!
4. The last ship on Netflix.
5. Do not eat pizza...
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Survey
Old 07-25-2020, 07:54 AM

Outside three or four times, canít remember. Inside, Iíve lost count how many times Iíve painted bedrooms.

A lot. We added on a family room and master bedroom suite, then gutted the kitchen. Once Covid is over, the original bathroom needs to be done.

Every day is Blursday to me, thanks to Covid. So, slow I guess.

Embarrassingly, the reboot of Beauty and the Beast tv show. And I do watch a lot of TMC.

Yes. We have a rotation of pizza place, Mexican place, and Chinese place. All local...we try to order out once a week to help local businesses.
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 07-25-2020, 09:20 AM

1.) How many times have you painted your home since you've lived there? We've been here almost 24 years and have painted the interior and exterior 2x.

2.) What changes have you made to your home since you've lived there? Remodeled one bath, ripped up carpet and put in all vinyl, new blinds, replaced windows, resurfaced pool

3.) Is this summer going fast or slow for you? Slow, but I am working at a summer camp!

4.) Is there any current TV show or movie that you really like? Not really

5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place? No, but usually the same 5 or 6 places

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 07-25-2020, 12:18 PM

Exterior, 2X
Interior, 1X to 3X, depending on the room

• replaced shingles
  • replaced sewer
  • replaced gutters & drainage
  • removed carpet & reinished hardwood
  • updated bathrooom
  • removed wallpaper & painted
  • landscaped, including removing big trees
  • redesigned screened porch, replaced railings, added doors
  • added ceiling fans to porch
  • painted exterior 2X
  • added gravel and moisture barrier to crawl space
  • replaced bathroom subfloor
  • fenced yard
  • added two-car attached oversized garage
  • added master suite

seems about like usual

not really

We only have one pizza place, so . . . yeah. For other takeout, we are also really limited.
Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Ruby tunes

Saturday survey
Old 07-25-2020, 12:47 PM

1. I painted the entire inside ultra pure white before I moved in my house last year. It had been freshly painted pale greige when it was remodeled prior to sale but I like light and bright walls.

2. I changed the entire HVAC system. The outside condenser was moved away from the patio and the inside return register was relocated to the hallway. A new vent was added in the master bedroom, and I purchased a new top of the line super efficient system. I LOVE it! It now cools beautifully and is so quiet I hardly know when it's running, plus my utility bill went way down.
I removed the old concrete at the western side of the house and replaced it with colored concrete, then I put up an Alumawood patio that now shades that side of the house.
I relocated a palm tree that was growing to close to the block wall on the eastern side of the house. Now it's in the front yard.
I installed a solar attic fan and then had the entire house reroofed. Concrete tile lasts well but prior to sale the home inspector said the underlayment was aging and would need attention. I decided not to wait. The tile was in good condition and was reused, fortunately. Now, the roof is up to current code.
Many more things were done, and I haven't even lived in this house a full year yet. My goal is to make it just perfect for me. Of course, nothing was really done by me. Thank heaven for smart and hardworking men who know their trades and do them well!

3. This summer seems neither fast nor slow.

4. A friend who thinks being without TV is terrible gave me a Roku so now I watch two of the free programs (Cold Case and Fixer Upper) every now and then.

5. About once a week I order takeout from different local restaurants I like. I'm hoping they'll stay in business.

Last edited by Ruby tunes; 07-25-2020 at 01:04 PM..
Ruby tunes is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

Survey
Old 07-25-2020, 02:37 PM

I have painted nothing so far but look at color swatches a lot.

I cleaned, ripped wallpaper off walls, decluttered and got new couches

Summer is slow and nice, learning a lot

Only have Netflix, tend to binge. Right now Alone in the Dark, love chef Ramsey i see that when visiting Mr. Redford. I miss Golden Girls reruns. Love Roseanne too

Yes, Round Table. They are nice to me.
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

sterlingsun

Old 07-25-2020, 07:54 PM

1.) How many times have you painted your home since you've lived there? I rent so n/a.
2.) What changes have you made to your home since you've lived there? I've added more decorations as time has gone on.
3.) Is this summer going fast or slow for you? It has gone quickly so far.
4.) Is there any current TV show or movie that you really like? I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm.
5.) When you order pizza or other takeout, do you always order from the same place? BF and I have a few go-to spots.
sterlingsun is offline   Reply With Quote