Help

BusyBoard

Class list

>

Teacherbee_4

Class list
Old 07-28-2020, 07:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I really want my class list! In my first school district, we got our list before we left for summer. In my last school and this school, we don't get our list until the end of July/early August. Granted, in every place, they may change slightly, but for the most part they were the same. I just want to see my list! I know I will have all the kids regardless because we switch for some things, but I will have my homeroom kids longer. I want to see who is in my class! I keep looking at our online grade book and different subscription sites (since they roster the kids for us on there) to see if I can find out before our principal official sends out our list. We haven't heard anything about when they will be coming, and I'm sure with COVID, it's the last thing on their mind. But dang, I want to know!

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 07-28-2020, 07:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I hear you. For me, having the class list allows me to set up Google Classroom, get name tags done and make my precious class list which I used for EVERYTHING. Having the list let me get get so much work done at home which helped me feel prepared.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

I just like...
Old 07-28-2020, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I always wait until we get a day or two before school starts to label things, as they can sometimes change still. I just like to know which ones I'll get. I get really excited about the possibility of having some of them and not so excited about the possibility of having others, but I'd rather be prepared and know one way or the other than dread if I'm going to get this kid or not!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

dutchgirl

Old 07-28-2020, 08:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My online gradebook is populated, but it can’t be accurate. We’ve been informed that when we do go back in person, we will have no more than 15 students per class. One of my classes lists 34 students. With the current situation, class lists are impossible in my area until the day we walk start.

Last edited by dutchgirl; 07-28-2020 at 08:52 AM..
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 07-28-2020, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We were told our class lists would be out really late this year. It might even change once school starts and parents change their mind about distance learning or face to face learning. I set my lesson plan book up and just found out we might not be changing the schedule like we had planned at the end of the year. Our P is not sure about switching it because of all the uncertainty we will have this year. My only thing different was the hour of my prep and 1 other class. We are supposed to meet by Zoom this week to brainstorm ideas.

sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 07-28-2020, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

In normal times we are lucky if we have a class list an hour prior to meet the teacher, which is the Friday before school begins the following Monday.
My school also has an extremely transient population, itís very rare to start and end the school year or even each quarter will all the same students.

This year, who knows when everything will be ironed out. I currently have a list but I know it wonít stay the way it is.
Lilbitkm is online now   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Just got my list!
Old 07-28-2020, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Now Iím getting excited to go back!

I have 15, and 4 will be doing eLearning (on Zoom all day) so only 11 to spread out in the classroom for now. The eLearners can join us in January if they wish.

Last edited by Munchkins; 07-28-2020 at 04:29 PM..
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

list
Old 07-28-2020, 04:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I'll be honest, I think we'd get our lists earlier if teachers (not all, but many) didn't blab to parents whose class they're in. Then the office gets bombarded with phone calls about how "Perfect Johnny really wanted Mrs. Wonderful" or "Precious Princess doesn't get along with Mean Girl, so they really need to be separated". No doubt it's a nightmare for the office. If teachers would stay quiet about it, I think they'd give the lists earlier than they do.

Just my thoughts.

I always wanted my list early, too!
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

booklady57

Taught for years at a school
Old 07-28-2020, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

that didn't release the lists to teachers until the afternoon before Meet the Teacher the next morning. It always meant a mad rush to label everything before the parents and kids arrived. And it didn't allow time for anyone to make changes, which I guess was the point.

It had changed recently as the need to have everything in the computer systems made the data available to us earlier. But, this year, all bets are off as to when the lists will be available. They don't have any idea how many kids are doing face to face and how many will be doing some other variation. Teachers have no idea what they will be doing.

Best of luck to you!
booklady57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 07-28-2020, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

My school allows teacher requests... it really doesnít help in making the classes equitable. Neither does the fact that all gifted and high achieving kids are grouped in one classroom (elementary).

Lilbitkm is online now   Reply With Quote

all41

Old 07-28-2020, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

After reading all your posts and comments and your shared excitement waiting for class lists, and all the headaches that come with them, makes me appreciate being in a small school district at this time of year. We have only 1 teacher per grade level in elementary school and only 1 teacher per content/subject for MS/HS. We always know who we are getting......we get everyone!
all41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 07-28-2020, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We have ours . . . sort of.

The list changes daily. My classes have 22 to 24 kids per group, and Iíve not taken out the remote kids yet. Seems to me about a third are choosing to stay home, but I have not broken it down by class.

Some kids have had to be changed. We are hybrid with two groups. All of my kids come Thursday and Friday, but some had to switch pods due to sibling schedules. Most of the parents want all their kids coming on the same day. (I did talk to one who really didnít care, one who planned to send one and keep one home, and one who has one homeschooling, one remote learning , and one in school.)
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

lovelife07

Old 07-29-2020, 01:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

We got our class lists yesterday. I have 22 face-to-face students. This is second grade and I'm not sure how it will play out just yet. We don't have a lot of details about schedules. School starts August 11.
lovelife07 is offline   Reply With Quote