Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Help! No office!

>

jess_lara

Help! No office!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just found out that for the Title 1 Math program, that I won't have an office! I will be working in a resource room and will be in 3 different schools. Does anyone have advice or suggestions on what to buy for moving around so much? I know I will need to be organized and don't know how it's going to work with not having an office to keep all of my things, especially manipulatives and files!

jess_lara is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

Rolling suitcase
Old 08-05-2009, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Wow! That should be tough to do!! My only thought would be some sort of rolling cart/suitcase type thing with good containers inside it with all your 'stuff' in it. If you left things at each school, you would need 3 groups of manipulatives, even if you had a friendly teacher whose room you could leave things in.

Hope this helps.
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

jess_lara

Old 08-05-2009, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks. That's a very good idea. I saw rolling carts in the Teacher Direct catalog. It will be interesting moving all around!
jess_lara is offline   Reply With Quote

RR

3 schools
Old 08-06-2009, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have Title Math in 2 schools. I wonder how many students you will serve?
I use several different items, depending on what I need for the day. The best thing I invested in is that rolling cart from Teacher Direct. Our local Alco store has the same item, though back in the hardware section. I think it is bigger, and cheaper.
I also have a small piece of luggage that I use. It came from Homeroom catalog, and looks like the rolling computer cases. It has a divider for files, very handy.
I have classrooms at both schools, someone else uses the rooms when I am not there, but I decorate and have file cabinets, so my trunk is not a total "book mobile", just almost one.
RR is offline   Reply With Quote

Luv2TchRdng

Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have my own room, but I will also be doing push-in, and I've found that those fold-up rolling carts are invaluable! You can also get them at staples or or Sam's Club. A lot of teachers in my area also get them from free from textbook representatives, so you might ask around and see if a regular classroom teacher has one that they don't/aren't using.

Luv2TchRdng is offline   Reply With Quote

Susan/IN

Old 08-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

All of the above suggestions are wonderful, but I would ask if there was money in the budget to buy a small cabinet that locks for each of your buildings as well as some basic supplies. That way you might not have to cart quite as much around and still have it secure. With all the extra stimulus money floating around and the increased Title I budgets, surely you could get some sort of cabinet. I can't believe they will expect you to lug EVERYTHING around.
Susan/IN is offline   Reply With Quote