Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title I Reading Tutor

>

ElyGab

Title I Reading Tutor
Old 03-12-2010, 11:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have an interview on Monday for a Title I reading tutor position. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what that position entails? I have worked with Title I reading tutors before as a classroom teacher, but have never worked as a tutor before. Any hints, advice, suggestions on the position itself, and interview questions I might expect would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

ElyGab is offline   Reply With Quote

Susan/IN

Old 03-13-2010, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My guess would be that Title I funds are being used to pay for tutors. This might be a way of making the $$$ go farther. I would ask questions specifically about what the job entailed and what benefits you would get to whoever interviews you. Would you be expected to come up with plans/materials or would the classroom teacher be providing materials to you?

These tutoring positions might be set up with some of the Title I stimulus money so this might just be a temporary position. I know districts are having to get very creative.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Susan/IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Title I

Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The district I work for classifies Title I staff as tutors so they can pay them a lower wage. We are essentially teachers, as is required by law, and have all of the same credentials as a "regular" classroom teacher, but because we are "tutors" we are paid about 60% of a teacher's salary. I would ask if you are going to be required to come up with your own materials and plans, and what your caseload will look like. I have to do these things myself, and it is a huge frustration for me because I am not compensated on the same level as a classroom teacher.
Title I is offline   Reply With Quote